What is a TEDx event?
Imagine a day filled with brilliant speakers, thought-provoking conversations and new connections. By organizing a TEDx event, you can create a unique gathering in your community that will unleash new ideas with the potential to inspire and inform.
A TEDx event is a local gathering where live TED-like talks and performances are shared with the community. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis. The content and design of each TEDx event is unique and developed by each organizing team but all events share these common features:
A suite of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances that are idea-focused and cover a wide range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration and wonder – and provoke conversations that matter.
Diversity of topics
All TEDx events present multiple issues and a diversity of voices from many disciplines. After all, what’s the fun without a little variety?
Community-driven and bias-free content
A TEDx event is organized by volunteers from the local community, and just like TED events, it lacks any commercial, religious or political agenda. Its goal is to spark conversation, connection and community.
What a TEDx event is not:
- A TEDx event isn’t an industry or marketing conference. It isn’t limited to one topic or field. It isn’t used to sell something.
- A TEDx event is not organized by or for special-interest political, religious or commercial groups.
- A TEDx event cannot be used to raise money, not even for a charity.
- A TEDx event cannot partner with another conference or event.
- A TEDx event can’t be co-branded with an institution except under specific license types – available to a college or university, or for internal events (for the employees of an organization).
- A TEDx event is not a platform for professional or circuit speakers, such as motivational speakers and professional life coaches. Its purpose is to give a platform to those who often do not have one.
- A TEDx event is not focused solely on entrepreneurship, business or technology. Diversity of topics is key!