TEDx Business events utilize the TEDx brand to transform companies from the inside. These staff-only, TED-style events maximize employee engagement and retention by spotlighting innovation, fostering collaboration, energizing professional development and joining TED’s mission of ideas worth spreading. That’s R&D, PD and CSR all in one memorable event!
About this event type
Employees organize, attend and view TEDx Business events in order to share ideas that are core to your company’s mission and values. In-line with the employee-focused spirit, these events can only be promoted and advertised within the company’s internal platforms, including event recordings.
With a TEDx Business license, your organization benefits from TED’s winning structure and becomes part of the TEDx community which shares best practices learned from producing thousands of TEDx events worldwide. Amplifying great ideas within your organization has never been easier. A TEDxP&GSingapore organizer who hosted many internal staff conferences remarks: “When we leveraged the TEDx brand and the ease, energy and excitement was night and day compared to before!”
- Intellectual property rights to the TEDx brand for one internal event that can be livestreamed to an additional company location (additional events and livestream locations available upon request).
- Content rights to your event’s TEDx talks (talks may be recorded and distributed on a secure, internal site company-wide).
- Dedicated TEDx Business Account Manager to ensure your success with the program (expedited application, getting started guide, expert TED content knowledge, experienced suggestions/references).
- Access to the TEDx community and training materials to learn best practices (portal with forums and files from thousands of TEDx organizers, Facebook group with on-going updates, bi-weekly webinars with TED staff).
- Opportunity to attend TEDx events that run parallel to TED events (there are TEDx organizer workshops hosted by TED staff before two flagship TED conferences in order to train organizers and provide them with an opportunity to qualify to apply for a license to organize an event with 100+ guests).
- A TEDx Business event page on TED.com, which can include a description of your event, your speaker lineup and a single representative photo.
- A TEDx-provided feedback survey for the licensee to independently distribute as a starting point for collecting satisfaction data that can attest to the event’s high return on investment.
- Opportunity to co-create a case study to internally highlight the success of your event.
- Name: An event held at your organization’s headquarters is named TEDx(Organization) whereas an event held at a branch office is distinguished by its location, TEDx(Organization)(City).
- Organizers: An event has one licensee who must be a company employee. That organizer can list a co-organizer and include as many organizing team members on the event page.
- Audience: Employees and staff of your organization and your business partners only.
- Size: Like standard TEDx events, Business events can have up to 100 guests unless the licensee qualifies to apply for a license to organize an event with 100+ guests.
- Theme: A Business event is often themed around the industry your organization is a part of but should still be multidisciplinary and involve a diversity of speakers.
- Content: A minimum of two official, pre-recorded talks must be shown at half-day events. For longer events, 25% of the total number of talks must be official, pre-recorded TED Talks.
- Talks: Modeled after the TED format, the typical talk should be up to 18 minutes by a single presenter. You may include external speakers but speakers cannot be paid. The incentive is a chance to deliver your ideas and have them heard by [X] number employees!
- Recordings: TEDx Business talks are not uploaded to the TEDx YouTube channel or Ted.com. However, you may record and distribute your talks company-wide on a secure, internal site.
- Promotion: The event and talks can only be marketed and promoted internally: fliers, websites, interviews, videos and other advertising materials visible to the public are not permitted
- Duration: Like standard TEDx events, Business events can be as brief as a few hours or as long as one day.
- Timing: Your license is valid for one event within one year of your application being confirmed.
- License rules: All TEDx Business must adhere to the TEDx Rules, which safeguard the integrity of the TEDx brand worldwide.
- License fee: There is a fee applicable to for-profit organizations which supports the non-profit TEDx platform. Pricing is custom to your event’s scale. Please contact the TEDx partnerships team (email@example.com) for details.
Other partnership possibilities
If you are looking to leverage TED’s curatorial and coaching resources, flagship events, distribution platforms, or customized events for internal as well as external marketing purposes, TED can work with your organization to develop a comprehensive program that taps into our broad array of experiential, interactive and storytelling formats. To learn more about how your company can engage more with TED, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the TEDx Business program brief
For more information, email email@example.com
The TED style of short, striking talks encourages bold thinking and asks employees to share dynamic ideas outside of day-to-day work.
A culture of innovation
Organizing teams and attendees learn how to build meaningful narratives around their ideas and improve presentation skills
TEDx events engage employees and ideas at all scales while empowering cross-departmental collaboration
In good company
By obtaining a TEDx Business license, your company joins a global community of forward-thinking organizations investing in their employees and workplace culture. Over 500 TEDx Business events have been organized! Including:
- and many, many more!