One of the main objectives of the TEDx program is to strengthen regional collaborations among TEDx organizers in existing TEDx communities around the world. TED therefore has decided to appoint ambassadors who can help oversee and grow regional connections within their community.
The role of an appointed TEDx Ambassador is to foster their local TEDx community, to help oversee the branding issues with the TEDx events in their region, and to act as a regional leader for TED/TEDx, helping to spread the reach of TEDx globally. In addition to helping TED monitor the use of the TEDx brand, the key role of an ambassadors is to create a spirit of collaboration among organizers in the region.
Responsibilities of TEDx Ambassadors
- Help connect TEDx groups in the appointed region, facilitate conversations between TEDx groups, and help events to share regional resources.
- On the TEDx Google Group, spearhead the regional "voice" and start threads that encourage an on-going regional dialogue. Encourage organizers in appointed region to contribute to the TEDx Wiki.
- Facilitate conversation between organizers in the appointed region by hosting, or encouraging a licensee in a region to host an in-person or digital workshop with all of the TEDx organizers in the region.
- Keep an eye on regional TEDx websites to ensure the TEDx branding guidelines are followed, check-in regularly on activity on Twitter and other social networks, and make TED aware of any general abuse of the TED/TEDx brand.
- Submit to TED ongoing suggestions on how TED could support the appointed TED/TEDx community, and recommend ways for TED to grow TEDx in that region of the world.
- Help select next year's ambassador for that region.
TEDx Ambassadors receive the following:
- A complimentary pass to the TEDActive conference
- Recognition on this page
- Acknowledgment as a TEDx Ambassador at the TEDx @ TEDActive workshop
The TEDx Ambassador term will last one year, and begins every year at TEDActive. TEDx Ambassadors are required to attend a TEDx Ambassador training and brainstorming meeting at TEDActive at the beginning of their term, as well as a monthly conference call with the TED team. After the year is up, the TEDx Ambassador will become a Senior TEDx Ambassador, and will be responsible for supporting members of the incoming class.
Note: The TEDx Ambassador role is a privilege and should not be leveraged to fundraise for an individual TEDx event, to act as the TED/TEDx gatekeeper in your region, or to create a hierarchy in a community.
Nominate a TEDx Ambassador
If you would like to nominate a TEDx organizer in your community to be considered for the TEDx Ambassador role, submit them here. Note that all TEDx Ambassador nominees must be active TEDx licensees.
- Andrey Egorov, TEDxSkolkovo
- Areej Mehdi, TEDxKinnaird
- Bahy Aboelezz, TEDxCairo
- Christina Marques Da Silva, TEDxLisboa
- Dave Lim, TEDxSingapore
- Gerry Garbulsky, TEDxRiodelaPlata
- Juhyeon Kim, TEDxBusan
- Naoufal Chama, TEDxRabat
- Natalia Menhem, TEDxBeloHorizonte
- Richard Hsu, TEDxShanghai
- Roberto Sasso, TEDxPuraVida
- Saad Hamid, TEDxIslamabad
- Stephen Collins, TEDxCanberra
- Yashraj Akashi, TEDxGateway
Senior TEDx Ambassadors
- Stephan Balzer, TEDxBerlin
- Jim Stolze, TEDxAmsterdam
- Tony Yet, TEDxGuangzhou
- Victor Choi, TEDxMyeongDong
- Hanseok Ryu, TEDxSeoul
- Kelo Kubu, TEDxSoweto
- Rodrigo Cunha, TEDxSP, TEDxSantander, TEDxAmazonia
- Todd Porter, TEDxTokyo
- Jason Hsu, TEDxTaipei
- Ram Sahasranam, TEDxBLR
- Suraj Sudhakar, TEDxKibera
- Mauricio Curi, TEDxVilaMada
- Ajit Sharma, TEDxJaipur
- Gaurav Gupta, TEDxWalledCity
- Ellen Cheng, TEDxFactory798
- XinXing Duan, TEDxNanjing
- Vlad Fiscutean, TEDxTimisoara
- Niki Ernst, TEDxSalzburg
- Antonella Broglia, TEDxMadrid
- Patricia Zougheib, TEDxBeirut
- Theresa Yunhee Shin, TEDxDongsungro
- David Choo, TEDxItaewon
- Samia Lounis, TEDxKids@Brussels