I am a journalist, surfer and have two kids (8 and 4 years old). I believe that business environment can be improved through ideas. That is why I've been working with sustainability for 10 years now. Recently, I joined LiveAD, a Brazilian creative hotshop, to start the integration of PR and digital communications solutions. I started writing about this subject for Brazilian's important magazines (Você s/a and Veja) and later, in 2003, moved to work with communications and sustainability at Banco Real, later acquired by Banco Santander. In 2004, I was the organizer of the book ˜How to make a company succeed in an uncertain country", published by NGO Endeavor and chosen by Exame, the most important business magazine in Brazil, as one of the 10 best business books in the world in 2005. I was also recognizer with 2 important journalism awards in Brazil, from Fiat Allis and Citibank. In 2010 I organized TEDx Santander and TEDx Amazônia.
- Graduated in Journalism at Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil – 1998.
- Four semesters of Social Studies at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil – Currently stopped
- One month Spanish course (4 hours/day) at Escuela Don Quijote, Barcelona, Spain – January, 1999.
- Four years of French at Alliance Francaise, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Executive Education -- Advanced Branding at ESPM, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil -- February, 2008 to Abril, 2008
- Communications Assistant to the President of Santander Group Brazil and Febraban - responsible for CEO Reputation and PR Management from September 2003 to February 2009 (in parallel to the position below) and exclusively since February 2009. Duties include:
Internal Blog coordination for +50 000 employees
All comunications to the market (ppt presentations, speeches, articles)
Strategy for events participation
External boards advisory
Enterprise 2.0 strategy and implementation
- Communications coordinator at Sustainable Development Directorate at Banco Real/ABN AMRO, from August 2004 to February 2009. Duties include:
Creation and Coordination of Sustainability Communications Area within the SD Directorate
Coordination of 2004/2005 Sustainability Report, chosen as the 12th best in the world by SustainAbility.com
Sustainability Website Management
Writing of several cases for nominations to winning Awards such as: Financial Times Sustainable Banking Award, Prêmio Eco, Guia Exame de Sustentabilidade, Valor Social
Presidency Assistant in PR to several issues related to Sustainability such as: speech writing, presentations, media interviews etc.
Team development related to Sustainability and Communications
- Marketing Coordinator at Banco Real/ABN AMRO, September, 2003, to August, 2004.
- Special Reporter of VOCÊ S/A. Magazine in Sao Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, July, 2000, to September, 2003.
- Chief-Correspondent at Veja Magazine in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. September, 1999, to April, 2000.
- Reporter at Zero Hora newspaper, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. June to September, 1999.
- Free-lancer reporter at Veja Magazine. July to December, 1998.
- Free-lancer reporter at Amanha – Business and Economy Magazine, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. October, 1997, to July, 1998
- Park Employee at Sea World theme park, San Diego, California, USA. June to September, 1997. (Duties included welcoming people, explaining shows and park operations.)
- Free-lancer reporter at a community newspaper Ja Bom Fim, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil – January to April, 1997.
- Citigroup Journalistic Excellence 2003. Awarded by Citibank in Brazil due to excellent work during the year. Main article: The job migration – the story on how jobs are going from big to small companies due to entrepreneurship and job reduction
- Fiat Allis Journalism Prize – 2002. Awarded by Fiat Allis Company due to same article.
- 4 nominées: 2 to Prêmio Abril (biggest media company in Brazil), 1 to Grande Prêmio Ayrton Senna (maintained by Ayrton Senna Foundation), 1 to Instituto Ethos (institute for corporate responsibility in Brazil)
- English – fluency in writing, reading and speaking.
- Spanish – fluency in writing, reading and speaking.
- French – fluency in reading, semi-fluency in writing and speaking.
“Como fazer uma empresa dar certo em um país incerto”, book about Entrepreneurship, selected among the Top 10 most important releases in business in 2005 by Exame Magazine. Name: Rodrigo Cheuiche Vieira da Cunha
Address: Rua Sen. César Lacerda Vergueiro, 531 ap. 164
Cep 05435-060 - São Paulo/SP
Phone: +55 11 3801-3378 (home) / +55 11 9604-8936 (mobile) / +55 11 3553-1159 (work)
Communications, surfing, sustainability and connecting people.
I believe communications has the power to change the world. We have to be faithful about what we, communicators, tell the world about.
How to improve people's connectiveness through inspiring ideas and possibilities.
At connecting people. Since we live in a world of growing possibilities, there must be a filter to connect meaningful people to each other.
After getting to know TED, I always thought of organizing one in Brazil. As soon as I heard about TEDxSP, I suggested to the company I work for, Santander, to sponsor it. TEDxSP was successful in many perspectives and inspired us to organize the TEDxSantander, the first big corporate TEDx event. Having 20 speakers (16 of them employees of the Bank), we unleashed a powerful energy of sharing and working on ideas that were restricted to individual`s personal lives before. Now, for example, the volunteering program got a boost inside the Bank, thanks to a talk of one volunteer. And a employee who owns a theater company is using her expertise to help internal communications. Organizing it was a good opportunity to be sure of the immense potential of sharing ideas. Really impressive.
15:21 Posted: Nov 2010
Views: 2,033,356 | Comments: 452
16:49 Posted: Aug 2010
Views: 708,365 | Comments: 381
19:25 Posted: Sep 2010
Views: 591,574 | Comments: 404
18:44 Posted: Mar 2008
Views: 11,057,716 | Comments: 2456
18:57 Posted: Jun 2007
Views: 2,157,593 | Comments: 221