Orange Mound
x = independently organized TED event

This event occurred on
June 22, 2024
Memphis, Tennessee
United States

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized (subject to certain rules and regulations).

Orange Mound Community Center
2590 Park
Memphis, Tennessee, 38114
United States
Event type:
Standard (What is this?)
See more ­T­E­Dx­Orange ­Mound events


Speakers may not be confirmed. Check event website for more information.

Karren Todd

Dr. Karren D. Todd is a dynamic speaker, influential motivator, author, and certified professional coach. With 15 years of dedicated service in full-time ministry, including eight years as Senior Associate Pastor, Karren transitioned to a new chapter of service as the Executive Director of POWER Ministries, Inc. and CEO of Empowerment Coaching and Consulting. Her passion lies at the intersection of spiritual and personal development, empowering clients both in ministry and the marketplace. Karren's impact on her community is profound. She has spearheaded two transformative initiatives through Power Ministries, Inc.: Project STAND and Higher Learning. Project STAND, which has been active since 2014, has raised funds and awareness for Domestic Violence Survivors in the Greater Memphis Area, donating thousands of dollars to support those affected by domestic violence. The Higher Learning initiative, on the other hand, is equipping young women with the tools to excel in their schools and communities, fostering a culture of ambition and aspiration. A dedicated community leader, Karren has served on the Board of Directors for prominent organizations such as Leadership Memphis and the Memphis Urban League Guild. Her commitment to advocacy is evident through her role as a Clergy Coach for the Clergy Coaching Network and her recent appointment to the Board of the YWCA of Greater Memphis. She is actively involved in various committees and initiatives, including the Black Clergy Collaborative of Memphis and the Professional Consultation Committee for CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare. Karren's influence extends beyond her community involvement. As a published author, three of her books have achieved Best-Selling status on Amazon and Kindle. Her accolades include recognition as a TSD's Women of Excellence honoree, Female Pastor of the Year, and the Dress for Success Entrepreneurial Spirit Award recipient. Recently, she completed a Chaplain Residency with Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare and currently serves as the Director of the House of Black Church Studies at Memphis Theological Seminary. Karren holds a Master of Divinity degree from Memphis Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Ministry degree in Pastoral Counseling. Her commitment to excellence, coupled with her compassionate leadership, continues to inspire and uplift individuals across the country. Her compassionate leadership continue

Le Marquee La Flora

Le Marquee La Flora is a native Memphian, visual artist & educator. He has been an educator for 10 years & has taught History & Visual Art in high schools across the city. He is a proud Program Director for The Peer Power Foundation, aiming to provide youth with high-quality, life-enhancing tutoring services regardless of their zip code. He is the co-founder of Kings of Distinction; a mentoring organization aimed at mentoring and equipping father-less and mentor-less young males with brotherhood, business efficacy, & manhood skills so they can be contributing citizens in society. As of 2023, Kings of Distinction mentors 35 males from 7 total schools. They have a 100% high school graduation rate and 80% of those graduates have enrolled in a post-secondary institution. The remaining 20% became employed. He began a clothing label called Memphis Kulture to design apparel while employing members of Kings of Distinction simultaneously. He has exhibited his infamous installation art series entitled “Counting the Cost” in galleries such as the National Civil Rights Museum, TONE, The Fogelman Galleries & Lipscomb University. At the University of Memphis, his artwork caused such a stir that the Dean of the Fine Arts Department requested that a statement be displayed outside the gallery. His first installment of the “Counting the Cost” series was accepted into the legendary Perry Art Collection. He holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Memphis & a Masters of Urban Education from Union University.

Organizing team