The COVID-19 pandemic has radically changed the way we work and socialize. It's also had tremendous impact on how we give back to our communities. This TEDxPlano Salon session digs into the challenges of volunteering and volunteer management in the "new normal." Participants will engage in a highly interactive discussion, including consideration of the following questions:
• What are current challenges in using volunteers?
• How have you found creative ways to use volunteers?
• How are you keeping your long-term volunteers engaged while they can’t be hands-on?
• What is the long-term impact of an event like COVID on the use of volunteers? On individuals’ mindset towards volunteering?
• Are there ways we can use volunteers in a new way to meet our organizational mission?
• Are we in the middle of a new paradigm shift of what it means to be a volunteer?
This is a virtual event. Participants will connect for an interactive discussion via Zoom.