TEDxIndianapolisWomen is a TEDWomen event that will simulcast some content live from TEDWomen 2018 in Palm Springs, as well as provide some live local speakers and performers as well. TEDxIndianapolisWomen is produced in partnership with Infosys, a TEDx Global Partner.
SHOWING UP: WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
Showing up is … knowing your worth.
Showing up is … empowering others.
Showing up is … being present.
Showing up is … taking responsibility.
Showing up is … believing in others.
Showing up is … how women are living, inspiring and making a difference in 2018.
TEDxIndianapolisWomen celebrates SHOWING UP … featuring diverse individuals in business, technology, art, science, and humanities meeting challenges head on while empowering each other to shape the future.
Speakers who are “Showing Up” include:
- Claudia Angeli, Spinal Cord Injury Research
- Tamika Catchings, WNBA Champion / 4x Olympic Gold Medalist - Finding Your Voice
- Tapati Dutta, Public Health Policy Research for Marginalized Groups
- Molly Ford, Diversity and Inclusion
- Melissa Spitz, Storytelling through Photography
- Kate Lamont, Composer, Performer, Musician, Collaborator
- Mariah Ivey, Spoken Word Poet, Performer
- Jhanak, Bollywood Fusion Dance Team
Many of the talks will address topics such as research, inspiration, equality, technology and life stories. Talks will be 15 minutes or less in length.
Like all TEDx events, TEDxIndianapolisWomen is a self-organized, local platform to share big, TED-like ideas. Organized by Chris Carpenter and Neelay Bhatt with the incredible support of partners, sponsors, and volunteers, the annual event features live speakers, unique performances, TEDTalks videos, and activities. Combined, these experiences spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
Speakers may not be confirmed. Check event website for more information.