Our mentoring program pairs TED Translators who are looking to develop their subtitling skills with experienced volunteers who are eager to collaborate and share their expertise.
One set of published subtitles
Dedicated mentoring platform; customizable connection plan
- Invitations to virtual TED events
- Subscriptions to digital tools
- Mentee certificate of completion
- Mentor badge (coming soon)
- Fluent in source and target languages
- Knowledgeable of TED Translators' guidelines and subtitling resources
- Ability to proactively communicate with mentor on a weekly basis
- Expert language skills in source and target languages
- Exceptional knowledge of TED guidelines and subtitling best practices
- Demonstrated history of positive collaboration with TED Translators
- Evidence of providing useful, actionable feedback on subtitles
- At least five sets of published transcriptions or translations and two published reviews in the mentoring language
Mentorship is available in the following languages. Don't see yours? Check back soon — we add new languages each month.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese, Simplified
- Chinese, Traditional
Ready to join our mentoring program?