The idea behind our theme, “Sense and Sensibility” was to focus on the causes behind our decisions and our actions. We wanted to look at this from different perspectives. First we selected three very interesting and relevant TED Talks: Kahneman, Iyengar and Ariely, for playback, and then we started to look for live speakers, and at least one of the most distinguished persons from the global arena. We were also able to attract three Swedish speakers with very interesting backgrounds andides worth spreading.
• Are your actions and decisions mainly based on evidence and reasoning, or on intuitions and gut feeling? (Gerd Gigerenzer, Berlin)
• Are you a risk-seeking or risk-avoiding person? Or an opportunity-seeking one? (Annika Wallin, Lund)
• Are your preferences for fairness or selfishness built into your brain? (Katarina Gospic, Stockholm)
• Are you accepting that all information from your purchases, e-mail messages, google searches, etc., is recorded and used for personalized offers? (André Skagervik, Norrköping)
• And, could you ever know which would be "best"?
This event, our second one, dealt with counterintuitive (and sometimes shocking) research findings to show how we're not as rational decision-makers as we may think we are…
Speakers may not be confirmed. Check event website for more information.