This year's theme was built upon the foundation of the 2009 TEDxPugetSound. Last year's theme was about reconnecting business owners with the passion that inspired them to start their businesses. This year's TEDxPugetSound is about the critical importance of innovating to stay competitive and fresh and moving forward.
Our theme was inspired by this quote by Anais Nin: "Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living".
The intention for the event was:
• To positively influence, inspire and engage our audience, SMB CEOs
• To connect people with ideas, each other and themselves
• To help create community in Seattle
Our desired outcomes for the event were:
• Audience walking away inspired and energized by what they heard
• Connections created among audience members that lead to future relationships and opportunities
• Audience empowered to nurture and develop their own ideas for change in their companies, their communities and themselves in ways that weren’t previously available to them.