The Athena Center for Leadership Studies was proud to host a diverse and talented line up of speakers who shared their stories, exemplifying what we believe to be the CORE 10, the key tenets of re-imagining leadership.
- Inspiration: Motivate, and nurture talented people and build collaborative teams, by Christa Bell
- Advocacy: Speak up for yourself and on behalf of others, by Rachel Schutt
- Communication: Listen actively; speak persuasively and with authority, by Emilie Baltz
- Vision: Develop strategies, make decisions and act with purpose, by Isisara Bey
- Leverage: Optimize your networks, technology, and financing to meet strategic goals; engage mentors and sponsors, by Karen Washington
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be innovative, imaginative, persistent, and open to change, by Jennifer Gilbert
- Ambition: Own your power, expertise and value, by Lea Webb
- Courage: Experiment and take bold, strategic risks, by Melissa Maxwell
- Negotiation: Bridge differences and find solutions that work effectively for all parties, by Linda Kay Klein
- Resilience: Bounce back and learn from adversity and failure, by Michaela Murphy
TEDxWomen is a TEDx event organized by the Paley Center for Media that focuses on women and women’s issues. TEDxWomen type events are TEDx events hosted around the live webcast of TEDxWomen, and also feature local speakers. Our event was called TEDxBarnardCollegeWomen and was one of many TEDx events happening around the globe between November 30th and December 1st, 2012 that expanded on the ideas brought up at TEDxWomen.