Congratulations to our new class of TED2014 Fellows! Find out who they are and learn about their remarkable work here »
Meklit Hadero’s voice is earthy and soulful, sinuous and untethered, and she’s about to unleash a new album on the world. She has just launched a crowdfunding campaign for her second solo recording, “We Are Alive,” and is currently touring the East Coast of the United States.
Learn more about Meklit’s work »
View Meklit’s profile »
Learn about each of the Fellows, their passions and their work: See the TED Fellows Network »
On origami, Alzheimer’s & kindness: Global health expert Alanna Shaikh rethinks preparing for dementia
Global health expert Alanna Shaikh gave an unexpected and moving talk at TEDGlobal 2012, called...
Karen Eng - Aug 18, 2014
Vote to save the oceans: vote de Vos!
Sri Lankan blue whale researcher Asha de Vos works for the ocean. Not only does she research a...
Karen Eng - Aug 12, 2014
The TED2015 Fellowship application is now open!
Start your engines, world– the TED Fellows application is now open! Our international...
Katrina Conanan - Aug 11, 2014
TED Fellows Newsletter
Introducing the 2014 TED Senior Fellows! Meet them here »
Recent Talks from TED Fellows
- Janet Iwasa: How animations can help scientists test a hypothesis 05:06 Posted: Aug 2014
- Will Potter: The shocking move to criminalize nonviolent protest 04:33 Posted: Jun 2014
- Kitra Cahana: A glimpse of life on the road 05:00 Posted: May 2014
- Manu Prakash: A 50-cent microscope that folds like origami 09:21 Posted: Mar 2014
- Ryan Holladay: To hear this music you have to be there. Literally 06:29 Posted: Jan 2014
TED Fellows on Twitter
- Rom Pearson Specter Litt #suits Aug 21 6:54am GMT
- Awab Alvi RT @mubasherlucman: More containers put up between Pindi and Islamabad last night. If govt is serious about negotiations it must remove all… Aug 21 6:32am GMT
- Paul Wicks RT @benderjack: Just watched @PaulLikeMe video on the ORE http://t.co/ACfB43mzV1 - great way to create more useful health outcome measures Aug 21 6:21am GMT
- Gautam John RT @daxie97: @SachinKalbag @gkjohn Response from the bloggers to Fareed Zakaria's defence. Must admit ..they seem to have a case http://t.c… Aug 21 6:17am GMT
- Enda Nasution Graduation Day http://t.co/xC4Wugxjzh #oldpost Aug 21 5:55am GMT
From the Fellows Blog
- How to start a micronation: step-by-step instructions from Jorge Mañes Rubio January 20, 2014 SOCIALDESIGNFORWICKEDPROBLEMS is a pioneering project that aims to research the impact that designers and artists could have if working together with governments and other political/social organizations.
- To hear this music you have to be there. Literally. January 15, 2014 Ryan Holladay tells us how he experiments with “location-aware music” which involves hundreds of geo-tagged segments of sounds that only play when a listener is nearby.
Feeling inspired and want to get involved? Learn all about how to support the Fellows program »