Think of TEDx as hosting an awesome dinner party, with great food, inspirational videos, brilliant speakers and mind-blowing conversation. By organizing a TEDx event, you will have the opportunity to create a truly unique event that will unleash new ideas, inspire and inform.
To organize a TEDx event, you need a license
No one is permitted to organize a TEDx event unless he or she has been granted a license to do so by TED.
By securing a free TEDx license, you’ll get access to our 25 years of experience hosting conferences and sharing ideas. Using a mix of the 1400+ available TED Talks videos and your own live speakers and performers, your event can introduce your friends, school, community or workplace to a world of new ideas -- and foster rich and inspiring connections and conversations.
Who is eligible for a license?
Anyone, anywhere in the world, is eligible for a license to organize a TEDx event. However, TED holds the following exceptions:
- Organizers under age 18 must be supervised by an adult.
- TED does not grant licenses to those associated with controversial or extremist organizations.
- TEDx events may not be used to promote spiritual or religious beliefs, commercial products or political agendas.
- Organizers may not affiliate the TEDx or TED brand with other conferences, or with commercial endeavors.
TED reserves the right to revoke any TEDx license; renewal for a second term is not guaranteed.
How to get a license
- Read the rules
- Understand what you're committing to
- Decide on an event type
- Choose a name for your event
- Submit the online application form
Licenses are granted on a case-by-case basis.