Congratulations to our new class of TED2014 Fellows! Find out who they are and learn about their remarkable work here »
Meklit Hadero’s voice is earthy and soulful, sinuous and untethered, and she’s about to unleash a new album on the world. She has just launched a crowdfunding campaign for her second solo recording, “We Are Alive,” and is currently touring the East Coast of the United States.
Learn more about Meklit’s work »
View Meklit’s profile »
Learn about each of the Fellows, their passions and their work: See the TED Fellows Network »
Invasion of the golden mussel: A TED Fellow wields genes to protect the Amazon
Back in the ’90s, the golden mussel (Limnoperna fortunei) hitched a ride on ships traveling from...
Karen Eng - Sep 29, 2014
Imagination in health and medicine? 11 fresh ideas from the TEDMED stage
Prosthetics as sculpture, the maternal benefits of breast milk, Cuba’s radical approach to free...
Karen Eng - Sep 22, 2014
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Fotokite! Sergei Lupashin brings aerial photography down to Earth
With his tethered quadcopter Fotokite, Russian-born inventor Sergei Lupashin plans to put aerial...
Karen Eng - Sep 15, 2014
TED Fellows Newsletter
Introducing the 2014 TED Senior Fellows! Meet them here »
Recent Talks from TED Fellows
- Uldus Bakhtiozina: Wry photos that turn stereotypes upside down 04:03 Posted: Sep 2014
- Janet Iwasa: How animations can help scientists test a hypothesis 05:06 Posted: Aug 2014
- Will Potter: The shocking move to criminalize nonviolent protest 04:33 Posted: Jun 2014
- Kitra Cahana: A glimpse of life on the road 05:00 Posted: May 2014
- Manu Prakash: A 50-cent microscope that folds like origami 09:21 Posted: Mar 2014
TED Fellows on Twitter
- Robert Simpson Massive Congregation Of 35,000 Walruses Linked To Climate Change (this is for @chrislintott) http://t.co/mipkHvHsb2 Oct 01 5:05pm GMT
- Sara E. Mayhew RT @NerdistDotCom: It's here! It's finally here! The Nerdist merch store is officially up and running: http://t.co/n96JjfQOdy http://t.co/v… Oct 01 5:00pm GMT
- Awab Alvi RT @PTIofficial: We need to adopt 'Pakistanism' and retain our values, rather than imitating Bollywood, which actually copies Hollywood - IK Oct 01 4:54pm GMT
- Jon Gosier RT @kazbrecher: @Itron #motm2014 on breaking down data silos for #energy & #water usage tends me of @jongos @THNK_org #bottalk http://t.co/… Oct 01 4:42pm GMT
- Erik Hersman Congrats @perrychen! RT@dollaraday: Annnnnnd we're live! Join us in discovering + supporting amazing nonprofits: https://t.co/G1jDkI6RFg Oct 01 4:41pm GMT
From the Fellows Blog
- How to start a micronation: step-by-step instructions from Jorge Mañes Rubio January 20, 2014 SOCIALDESIGNFORWICKEDPROBLEMS is a pioneering project that aims to research the impact that designers and artists could have if working together with governments and other political/social organizations.
- To hear this music you have to be there. Literally. January 15, 2014 Ryan Holladay tells us how he experiments with “location-aware music” which involves hundreds of geo-tagged segments of sounds that only play when a listener is nearby.
Feeling inspired and want to get involved? Learn all about how to support the Fellows program »