San Antonio's creators, innovators and inquiring minds come together with Minds Wide Open on Saturday, October 12 to discuss Ideas Worth Spreading in and from the 5th largest U.S. city, San Antonio. The 2013 event will be our 4th annual TEDxSanAntonio event.
Interaction and dialog are the focus of the day, with talks from 15-20 speakers and 2 recorded TEDtalks to spark discussion across industries, disciplines, and perspectives.
Dialog will center on themes and activity with particular resonance in the Alamo city.
We are currently accepting applications for talks through July 15, 2013. Themes include (but aren't limited to):
- Healthcare and Wellness
- The Military
- Education and Learning
- Government, Citizenship and the Law
- The Arts - Writing, Poetry, Dance, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Science and Research
- Startups, Entrepreneurship, Inventions
- Responsibility, Ethical Behavior and Moral Standards
- Creativity and Innovation
- Environmental Sustainability
- Food and Nutrition
- Our minds are wide open - suggest your own!
Invitations to attend accepted now through September 1 at http://tedxsa.com/attend. Invitations will be issued beginning in mid-September.
5000 Walzem Road
San Antonio, TX, 78218