OPorto

x = independently organized TED event

Theme: Das Tripas Coração - Go the Extra Mile

Porto, Portugal
April 28th, 2012

About this event

The theme of this year's TEDxOporto is "Das tripas coração", which very losely translates to "Go the Extra Mile". This is a way to help shake people's attitudes up and perceptions towards the huge recession we are currently going through. We will have testimonies from people who have winning ideas, who will share them with us as thinkers, entrepreneurs and people who made the difference against all odds.

Confirmed Speakers

  • João Lopes Martins
    CEO of a IT Startup involved in several different cloud computing projects
  • Rick de Gaay Fortman
    Fundraiser, SolarAid supporter (www.solar-aid.org). Cycled from from Cape Town to Nairobi.
  • Lala Deheinzelin
    World specialist in Creative Economy & Sustainable Development. She created and coordinates the Create Futures international movement
  • José Paixão
    Creator of the "Arrebita Porto" project that rehabilitates old buildings at zero cost
  • Mário Forjaz Secca
    Portuguese Scientist (physicist)
  • Miguel Gonçalves
    Over the last decade has been transforming ideas into projects. In 2010 launched the Spark Agency, an agency where creativity is IdeaStarter
  • Peter Oswaldt
    Travelled extensively (became the 14th person in the world most traveled), having now moved more than 90% of the countries of the world, and plans to visit the remaining 10% in coming years.
  • Ricardo Quina
    A young portuguese man working abroad in Cloud Computing
  • "e-Patient Dave" deBronkart
    Five years ago Dave found he had kidney cancer. Despite a deeply pessimistic prognosis Dave beat cancer and is now an active spokesman for a movement that aims to put patients at the center of healthcare. Dave is also deeply involved with TEDMED - challenge #19!
  • Nita Domingos
    21 year portuguese woman with neurofibromatosis and multiple other diseases but who refuses to let it bring her down.
  • Paul Bay
    Marketing guru
  • Pedro Pinto
    Pedro has been working toward a more smart, responsible and sustainable health care system, based on the promotion of well being and personal balance.
  • Momentum Crew Portugal
    A professional B-boying crew
  • Mário Patrocínio
    Spent two years in one of the most infamous favelas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: "Complexo do Alemão" and directed a documentary called "Complex - Parallel Universe" about his experience. In 2011 this was the Portugal's most watched documentary.
  • Peter Sage
    Peter is an international entrepreneur and came to tell us about his week-long run in the Marathon Des Sables - in the desert.
  • Luís Américo
    Renowned Portuguese molecular gastronomy chef.
  • Pantónio
    Street artist who is taking Lisbon by storm with his unique and thought provoking installations in public places.

Venue and Details

Mosteiro de São Bento da Vitória
Rua de São Bento da Vitória
Porto, 4050-543
Portugal
More about the venue »

This event occurred in the past.
See more TEDxOPorto events »

Organizer 56499_165x165

Manuel Forjaz
Lisbon, Portugal

View Profile »

Organizer Ad63e4f0fe1c2ce399d4f08774338bdbbd7a7fd1_165x165

Norberto Amaral
Porto, Portugal

View Profile »

Team

Mariana Silva
Speakers
Hugo Magalhães
Sponsorships, Volunteers and Ticket Office (coordinator)
Marlene Pires
Sponsorships, Volunteers and Ticket Office
Helder Miranda
Sponsorships, Volunteers and Ticket Office
Pedro Geraldes
Production (coordinator)
Sofia Lage
Production
Luís Gachineiro
Production
Eliana Lopes
Production
Sofia Ferreira
Social Networks (coordinator)
Ana Cláudia Santos
Social Networks
Sónia Costa
Social Networks
Luís Galrão
Social Networks
Sérgio Leitão
Promotion, Marketing and Design (coordinator)
Vasco Vasconcelos
Promotion, Marketing and Design
Carla Carrinho
Promotion, Marketing and Design
Tiago Pereira
Photographer
Mário Pires
Photographer
Natália Guimarães
Logistics