September 24th, 2010
About this event
Our theme for the day was 'A Step Toward the Future’. 17 international and local speakers building on a wide range of experties and experience provided an entertaining and inspiring experience in three intriguing sessions:
Session 1: Good Business
...exploring how business could be effective and ’good’ at the same time, what good actually means in a 21st century context, if this is a relevant question at all and, finally, how we could go about doing it.
· Simon Cohen: What’s Better Than Perfect?
· László Zsolnai: Beyond Profit
· András Lang: Ethical Banking
· Paul Garrison: Dealing with Corruption – the human story
· Sarolta Laura Baritz: Changing Perspective…
· Botond Bognár: Beauty Spot on the Castle’s Face
Session 2: Positive Sum Games
...focusing on cooperative attitudes, trust, innovations focused on social structures, norms and institutions based on a meaningful understanding of ourselves and our environment as essential components of how a more effective and better world could and should work.
· István Joós: The Favour Story
· Tamás Vicsek: The Simple and the Complex
· Beáta Oborny: Let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth?
· Gabriella Benkő: Everyone is a Changemaker
· László Ágoston: Everyday Revolution
· Vilmos Benkő: From Success to Significance
Session 3: Green Redefined
...raising the question what green may mean beyond just environmental protection. How can we see complex systems, interconnectedness and intedependency? And how could it serve as an overarching concept and perspective for a more effective, modern lifestyle that promises better quality of life as well as sustainability.
· Attila Dávid Molnár: Filming Nature 2.0
· Miklós Antal: Making It Personal
· Dan Barber: How I Fell in Love with a Fish
· Veronika Harcsa: Innovation in Music - Singing with a Looper
· András Takács-Sánta: Well-being Through Sufficiency
· Günter Pauli: Glimpses of a Blue Economy (in English*)