Latest news and announcements from TED:
Want to know more about TED?
View a list of TED staffers »
Talks from TED conferences and events are released on TED.com throughout the year. See our TED Talks Usage Policy page for TED Talks licensing, usage policies and common questions.
Read the TED Blog »
Press and media contact information
For press information, images and media resources about TED conferences, TED.com and TED Talks, please get in touch with Group SJR:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press attendance at TED events
TED invites a small number of requesting journalists to cover each conference. We give priority to proposals from journalists who:
- work for mainstream and online media outlets capable of reaching large or influential audiences
- have a track record of insightful coverage in areas related to TED
- have a specific commission for coverage of the conference (and not just of speakers or others attending)
Some things to note:
- We take great care in filming TED for TED Talks. It is very rare that we invite outside cameras in for video and TV efforts, but we are happy to evaluate all requests for conference footage.
- We do not admit outside photographers
- We are unable to consider press passes for freelancers without an assignment letter from the outlet for which you wish to report
Interested in covering a TED event? Press passes are limited, and press attendance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Send your name, the name of your media outlet, and your proposed area of coverage to Group SJR at email@example.com. Press decisions are generally made in the months preceding the conferences, and accepted attending press are notified approximately one month before each event.
Image requests must be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Name of requested image
- Publication date
- Preferred file format
- Deadline for receipt of image
Image requests should be directed to Group SJR at firstname.lastname@example.org. A photo credit will be provided when the image is delivered, and this credit must run in full.
Requests for interviews should be directed to Group SJR at email@example.com. Your email should include the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Brief background on your interview request
- Proposed publication date
- Your deadline
To republish, link to and embed TED Talks
We encourage you to share TED Talks. Read more about our Creative Commons BY-NC-ND licensing »
For other uses, see our TED Talks Usage Policy page for licensing, usage policies and common questions.
To suggest a speaker
If you know an extraordinary speaker we should consider for a TED event, please read our nomination page and use the "Suggest a Speaker" form there. Your form will go directly to our curation team. Multiple nominations are not necessary. And yes, you may nominate yourself. Suggest a speaker »
To nominate a TED Prize winner
We're always seeking nominations for the TED Prize. If you know an extraordinary individual with the track record and talent to make real change in the world, let us know. Nominate an individual for the TED Prize »
For all other questions, please contact us.