TEDxPune 2013 was created in the spirit of TED's mission, Ideas Worth Spreading. It will continue the Global TED's multi-year conversation about people's work and lives, present and future. Powerful conversations will get started this year in Pune and will continue annually. The spark: A suite of short, carefully prepared Talks on a variety of topics ranging from Genomics to NASA and the Space Program, Journalism, Music and more, will foster learning, inspiration and wonder. How are Indian women and girls reshaping the future? How does music bring about empowerment to the underpriviledged classes? How do young men from slums and local communities break age-old traditions of leading violent lives and transform themselves into model citizens? These are some of the stories at this year's TEDxPune conference highlighting Indian men and women becoming change agents, inventors and idea champions - bringing about mind shifts in various fields including education,space program, medicine, scientific and mathematical research.
Speakers and their topics :
- Ms. Anu Aga: Topic - "On Death"
- Ms. Devieka Bhojwani: Topic - "Breast Cancer Awareness"
- Mr. Sunny Handal: Topic - "Indian Dishonored - the 60 Million Invisible Women of India"
- Mr. Asim Sarode: Topic - "Women & Human Rights Violations"
- Ms. Shravani Hagargi: Topic - "Giving Destitute Women a Second Lease on Life by Teaching them Martial Arts and Offering them Opportunities as Security Guards"
- Ms. Aisha Chaudhary: Topic - "Singing in the Lifeboat"
- Ms. Sudha Menon: Topic - "Belief in Yourself"
- Ms. Vandana Suryawanshi: Topic - "NASA and the Space Program"
- Ms. Sujatha Ramdorai: Topic - "A Rewarding Life as a Mathematician and Scientist"
- Ms. Anu Acharya: Topic - "Genome Sequencing - Jeans or Genes"
- Mr. William Muir: Topic - "Curbing Violence against Women by working with the men in their lives"
- Ms. Usha Uthup: Topic - "Empowerment through Music"
Speakers : http://tedxpune.co.in/#speakers