TEDxOjai is a one-day simulcast event of the main TED conference held in Long Beach on February 29, which is broadcasted live around the world and is also independently organized, streamed and hosted by Darina Stoyanova and Danette Wallace in the Ojai Movie Theater.
Key local speakers and performers include the Futurist & Founder of the Venus Project Jacque Fresco (via video), the Zeitgeist movie series director Peter Joseph, Director of CRAFT, Prof. Berok Khoshnevis, and acclaimed artist, performer, musician & actress with an electrifying electric violin - Lili Haydn.
Key event speakers include physicist Brian Greene, futurist & X Prize Founder Peter Diamandis, high-wire artist Philippe Petit, space archaeologist Sarah Parcak, psychologist Steven Pinker, director of DARPA Regina Dugan, techno-illusionist Marco Tempest, poet Billy Collins, NG explorer & ethnobotanist Wade Davis, climatologist James Hansen, LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, nobelist Leymah Gbowee, filmmaker of WALL-E Andrew Stanton, dance troupe Black Label Movement, clawhammer banjo player Abigail Washburn, designer & IDEO Founder David Kelley, secret keeper Frank Warren, comedian Reggie Watts and many more. This year’s theme is “Full Spectrum”, a term adapted to mean the rich use of multiple technologies, formats and approaches for the most powerful possible impact on an audience. But the term covers more than just form and format. Content will span the full spectrum of knowledge TED stands for, from dazzling technology and leading-edge science to the richest veins of human creativity and interconnection.
This year we are again part of this ongoing global conversation around the future of humanity and Cities 2.0 who is also this year's big TED Prize winner. Join us for an amazing day of spreading ideas worth sharing and putting them in action in our local communities.
This event is FREE. Open to the public. Max capacity 210. First come, first seated. Join us!
Here's the agenda for the day merging simulcast with live speakers & performers.
Session: The Lab (8:30 AM - 10:15 AM)
• Henrik Schärfe, Roboticist
• Regina Dugan, Director of DARPA
• Jack Choi, Technologist
• Marco Tempest, Techno-illusionist
• Donald Sadoway, Materials engineer
Session: The Earth (11:00 AM - 12:45 PM)
• Sharon Beals, Photographer
• Wade Davis, Anthropologist, ethnobotanist
• James Hansen, Climatologist
• T. Boone Pickens, Entrepreneur, energy theorist
• The Civilians Investigative Theatre Co., Theater company
Lunch Break: Lili Haydn – Electrifying violinist & her band Live
Session: The Crowd (2:15 PM - 4:00 PM)
• Reid Hoffman, Social entrepreneur
• Lior Zoref, Crowdsourcing advocate
• Reggie Watts, Vocalist, beatboxer, comedian
• Frank Warren, Secret keeper
• Cameron Carpenter, Organist
Live Speakers: (4:00 PM – 4.40 PM)
• Jacque Fresco, Futurist, The Venus Project Founder (via video)
• Prof. Behrokh Koshnevis, Director of CRAFT
• Peter Joseph, Zeitgeist Movie series Director
TED Prize announcement – The City 2.0 (5:00 PM - 6:45 PM)
Speakers may not be confirmed. Check event website for more information.