Theme: What is Life ?
July 13th, 2011
About this event
What is TEDxLive?
TEDxLive is a new initiative to encourage communities around the world to organize events around the live webcast of an official TED Conference.
What is life? And how can it be better lived? From the secrets of the biological processes that take place in our body, to the cultural constructs that take place in our society; from the technologies and resources that make life possible and enjoyable, to the themes that define our humanity -- or threaten it: TEDGlobal 2011 will be a celebration of life, in all its forms. .
- Theo Jansen: My creations, a new form of life
- Ursus Wehrli tidies up art
- Tom Shannon's anti-gravity sculpture
- Arthur Ganson: Moving sculpture
- Mae Jemison on teaching arts and sciences together
- Lakshmi Pratury on letter-writing
- Benoit Mandelbrot: Fractals and the art of roughness
- Marcus du Sautoy: Symmetry, reality's riddle
- Rob Forbes on ways of seeing
- Margaret Wertheim: The beautiful math of coral
- Ryan Lobo: Photographing the hidden story
- Taryn Simon photographs secret sites
- Siegfried Woldhek shows how he found the true face of Leonardo
- John Maeda on his journey in design
Venue and Details
July 13th, 2011
12:00am-12:00am (GMT 3hrs)
Event Type (what is this?) TEDGlobal2011 Simulcast (TEDxLive)
This event occurred in the past.
See more TEDxTimisoara events »
- Vlad Fiscutean
- Founder, Leader, Organizer
- Teodora Talpes
- Laura Mercurean
- Nadja Uncianschi
- Zorislav Stojanović
- Andrada Fiscutean
- Press adviser, PR
- Alin Arjocan
- Miruna Stefancu
- Junior Organizer
- Cristian Anghel