Theme: What is Life ?
July 13th, 2011
About this event
What is TEDxLive?
TEDxLive is a new initiative to encourage communities around the world to organize events around the live webcast of an official TED Conference.
What is life? And how can it be better lived? From the secrets of the biological processes that take place in our body, to the cultural constructs that take place in our society; from the technologies and resources that make life possible and enjoyable, to the themes that define our humanity -- or threaten it: TEDGlobal 2011 will be a celebration of life, in all its forms. .
- Theo Jansen: My creations, a new form of life
- Ursus Wehrli: Tidying up art
- Tom Shannon: Anti-gravity sculpture
- Arthur Ganson: Moving sculpture
- Mae Jemison: Teach arts and sciences together
- Lakshmi Pratury: The lost art of letter-writing
- Benoit Mandelbrot: Fractals and the art of roughness
- Marcus du Sautoy: Symmetry, reality's riddle
- Rob Forbes: Ways of seeing
- Margaret Wertheim: The beautiful math of coral
- Ryan Lobo: Photographing the hidden story
- Taryn Simon: Photographs of secret sites
- Siegfried Woldhek: The search for the true face of Leonardo
- John Maeda: My journey in design
Venue and Details
Event Type (what is this?) TEDGlobal2011 Simulcast (TEDxLive)
This event occurred in the past.
See more TEDxTimisoara events »
Timisoara, Bucharest, Romania
- Vlad Fiscutean
- Founder, Leader, Organizer
- Teodora Talpes
- Laura Mercurean
- Nadja Uncianschi
- Zorislav Stojanović
- Andrada Fiscutean
- Press adviser, PR
- Alin Arjocan
- Miruna Stefancu
- Junior Organizer
- Cristian Anghel