We have all heard that special story or met that unique person who has had a profound effect on our lives. Sometimes, the most valuable lessons could be from the most mundane of things; other times, we have gained insights from the most exceptional personal stories or events. In both cases, these things have made us "zoom out" and gain perspective on why we do things and how we should do things.
On the 28th of November, the R1 Reactor Hall at KTH will transform into a dazzling hub of ideas and engaging discussions. With the theme "Power of Perspectives", TEDxKTH and its speakers will challenge you to see the big pictures and dare you to think differently - all done through delivering talks in 18 minutes or less. With topics ranging all the way from psychology to the elusive quantum physics, the talks are bound to provoke your thoughts and spark new perspectives.
• Claes Hultling - Previous "summer speaker" on Swedish National Radio and doctor at Karolinska Institute.
• Terrence Brown - Professor at KTH with long experience in entrepreneurship. Originally from Wharton School of Business.
• Kathryn Kaminski - Lecturer at KTH with background from MIT. Winner of Stockholm School of Economic's "Teacher of the Year"-award
• Aman Russom - Researcher from KTH who has invented a new method of converting a DVD-lens into a cost-effective tool for HIV/AIDS and DNA analysis.
• Armin Tavakoli - Young researcher who has won the national young scientists fair-prize and received 2nd place in the prestigious competition Intel ISEF, Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.