- I am an Innovation Manager at a major retail company in Portugal. I conduct brainstorming sessions, help to create a creative climate among employees, help put together a yearly innovation book, manage the company's yearly innovation prizes, among many other things
- Before being Innovation Manager, and still at Sonae, I was an IT project manager, having helped to create some very interesting and distinctive marketing systems for POS promotions.
- I used to be a programmer at Fidelity Investments International (UK), then project manager. I excelled in Interactive Voice Response systems, both with touch-tones and speech recognition.
- I am now a co-organizer of the 2012 edition of TEDxO'Porto, in Portugal.
- I was part of the team that organized TEDxO'Porto 2011
- I graduated from the University of Aveiro, Portugal, with Physics Engineering. I spent the last year in the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, with a project whose aim was to nullify the Earth's magnetic field in a small volume using Helmholtz coils.
- I am a keen learner and have attended many different training sessions on many different subjects, mainly for professional reasons.
Helping making people happy! Making a difference!
Books, travelling, photography, ideas, cinema, music.
Innovation: new concepts, new ideas, brainstorming.
Books, ideas, people and cultures, causes, environment, politics, history and science.
Love cooking! - only privately though.
I had been following TED talks on the internet since 2006 and then I met a co-worker to whom I didn't speak very much who said she was part of TEDxO'Porto's organizing team. I immediately knew I wanted to take part!
Very soon I entered the team that organized TEDxO'Porto in 2011 - it was a fantastic day, that really made the difference for many people. I made good friends and it literally changed my life since.
Now I'm a co-organizer of TEDxO'Porto 2012 and am really excited about attending this event!
12:08 Posted: Mar 2012
Views: 784,607 | Comments: 393
15:15 Posted: Mar 2012
Views: 1,467,553 | Comments: 323
19:16 Posted: Mar 2012
Views: 1,082,754 | Comments: 168