I am currently the co-founder and Director of Map Consulting, a sustainability start up working out of New Zealand that looks to develop sustainable businesses in not only environmental sustainability but also social and financial sustainability. Prior to this I have worked as a Sales and Marketing Manager in Melbourne, Australia and travelled extensively through the Asia Pacific area conducting research in the area of environmental business practice and discourse use. Further to this experience is a summary of my higher education.• Bachelor of Communications (BCS) from the Waikato Management School at the University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand (2005-2007)
• Majored in Management Communication at New Zealand’s top business school. While studying at the Waikato Management School I have been a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society. This is an invitation only society recognising outstanding academic achievement.
• I have been awarded two scholarships by the University of Waikato for academic excellence including a Tearaway scholarship in my first year of study and a Marsden Grant Scholarship which is currently funding my part time study towards a Masters Degree.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Management Communication from the Waikato Management School at the University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand (2009-2010)
• Studying at Post Graduate level I took part in three taught papers and one individual research paper. These gave me a strong understanding of leadership, communication and people management as well as requiring me to work autonomously and within a business unit exterior to the University of Waikato.
• Masters of Management Studies from the Waikato Management School at the University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand (Current)
• Currently studying part time towards a Masters of Management Studies in the field of Environmental Management.
Creating streams of discourses which challenge hegemonic social powers and ensure everyone has a voice in sustainable action.
I am interested in developing businesses and societies that are financially, socially/culturally and environmentally sustainable. These three areas must be intergrated into business and governmental thought to ensure that we move towards creating a better world to live in. I am also very interested in the way in which various stakeholders within society develop and negotiate their concepts and definitions of what sustainability is. To me there are several key stakeholders within society that hold hegemonic power to shift discourses within the global sphere and create a culture of sustainable action. But we must ensure that all parties are involved in this creation. Everyone must have a voice otherwise we will ultimately fail.
Sustainable businesses, social sustainbility, environmental actions, technology, communication and social and environmental development.
Cooking, making and enjoying a good cocktail and competing in Iron Man competitions.
I have worked to develop a start up consultancy which works with businesses in New Zealand to evaluate them in terms of environmental, financial and social sustainability, create strategies for them across these three areas, work with them to provide them with the tools and services they need, such as reporting tools and recycling and waste management services and support them to become sustainable. The focus of this project is to work with SME's and show them how easy it is to not only be environmentally and socially friendly but how to make this a profitable facet of their business model.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.