Bruce C. Wilson – Software Product Management/Marketing
28125 Via Luis, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677 * Residence: 949-362-1755 * Cell 949 690 4760 * email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Software product management and product marketing leader and team player with international experience. Background ranges from pre-IPO start-ups to large corporate and "Big 4" management consulting firms. Extensive experience planning and managing software and internet products through all lifecycle phases from market research and feature/functionality identification to go-to-market processes and post-release management. High energy, innovative, revenue focused team player and leader with strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Product Management * Product Marketing * New and Existing Product Launch * Product Life Cycle Management * Product Line Roadmap & Strategy * Business Case * Requirements Development * MRD & PRD * International Marketing * Innovation Leadership * Market & Field Research * Agile Planning and Development * Team Building and Management * Usability Testing * Competitive Analysis * P&L Responsibility * Sales Training * Sales Tools * Webinars * Social Media * Mobile Applications * GIS * ERP * CRM * Enterprise Content/ Document Management * eCommerce * Imaging * Business Intelligence & Process Management * Business Development * Developer Programs * Linux * .NET Products * SOA * SaaS * Cloud Computing * Windows Workflow Foundation * SharePoint * Big 3 Consulting (KPMG)
Professional Experience and Accomplishments
Product Line Manager, Software Applications and Services
Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Lake Forest, Ca 2008 – Present
Lead product management team responsible for over 30 in-flight software applications and services installed on seat backs of about 70% of the wide body commercial aircraft in the world at Panasonic Avionics, a $1.2B industry leader for in-flight entertainment and connectivity.
* Overarching product management responsibility for a wide range of applications and services including onboard shopping/hospitality, 3D moving maps, games, advertising platform, live news, social media, to office productivity tools and personal device connectivity.
* Created and led internal innovation process and artifacts resulting in over 1,200 new ideas for new and existing products.
* Conducted innovation sessions with major airlines around the world resulting in new features, products, and user interface concepts and winning an industry award (Mercury) for best new product
* Created first applications and services product line strategy including airline revenue generation, broadband connectivity, and other cross product line initiatives.
* Created the first MRD template used by both software and hardware product management teams.
* Created first product line roadmap and release plan for over 30 new and existing applications and services.
Senior Product Manager/Senior Software Planning Manager
Sharp Labs America (subsidiary of Sharp Electronics), Huntington Beach, Ca 2004 – 2008
Led planning as product owner and manager for several software products and SDKs extending Sharp Labs software product offerings in the multifunction printing and scanning device space.
* Manager of software product (Sharpdesk) winning Bertle’s 2005 Award for Best Desktop Utility.
* Shipped over 1 million Sharpdesk licenses and 4 versions extending Sharp’s reach beyond Multifunction Printer (MFP) to many desktops.
* Created concept and requirements for new .NET, SOA, drag and drop workflow SDK reducing Sharp Open Systems Architecture (OSA) application development time by 90%.
* Led planning efforts for first internal software registration system projected to capturing at least $6M in additional software revenue.
* Developed product concept and requirements for new Sharpdesk replacement product using web services to significantly improve scan to desktop workflow flexibility, reliability and security.
* Worked closely with development and planning teams (on and off-site) in California, Washington, New Jersey, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Japan from product concept to launch using agile development and planning methods for 4 products.
travel, technology, sports, hiking, innovation, start-ups, apps, gadgets
This user has not yet posted any comments.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.