Name: Meri Dallakyan
Date of Birth: 28 June 1988
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yerevan State Linguistic University after V.Brusov, Republic of Armenia (RA)
Currently enrolled in Master’s Program in Translation and Interpreting.
The course is based only on practical translation both written and oral including Translation of Legal English Text.
Yerevan State Linguistic University after V.Brusov, RA
BA in Translation and Interpreting
• The course covered all possible types of Linguistics and particular branches of translation including Political, Technical, Literary, Functional ones.
2007 – 2008
Minnesota State University, Moorhead, MN, USA
One year UGRAD (Eurasian Undergraduate Exchange Program funded by US Educational and Cultural Affaires administered by IREX) fellowship awarded.
• Majoring in US Studies including American Multicultural Studies namely Hispanic, Native Indian, Afro-American anthropology, culture, history, etc.
Mainly translating contracts, legal documents.
2010 Feb.- 2010 Oct.
Byron’s Language Services, Yerevan, RA
• Give private and group English lessons
• Do written and oral translation when necessary
2010 Feb.-2010 Apr.
Prometey Bank Armenia
• Do written translations when needed
• Interpret seminars and conferences from English into Armenian and vice versa
• Help with daily chores in the Securities department
2008 Feb. - 2008 May
Cultural Diversity Resources, Fargo, ND, USA
Translator, office coordinator.
• Translate documents on immigration issues
• Make arrangements with immigrants and the office
• Do research and make templates on various minority groups in the US
2007 Sept.-2007 Dec.
Adult Basic Education center, Moorhead, MN, USA.
English teacher, conference organizer.
• Give English lessons to immigrants
• Organize conferences, workshops and meetings
• Supervise the students during their examinations
2007 – 2008
“Lac du Bois” camp, Bemidji, MN, USA.
French teacher, event organizer.
• Monitor a group of children during weekend in the French camp teaching them French
• Organize various activities for the camp
• Prepare games related to French beforehand
2003 – 2005
“Hope and Belief: NGO, Kapan, RA
Volunteer, one of the founders of the NGO.
• Give Armenian and English lessons to children with disabilities
• Organize activities with them
Marketing and PR: an introductory training workshop.
Understanding and Using New Web Tools: organized by IREX. Certificate upon completion received.
Corporate Social Responsibility: How to have a sustainable business?: organized by IREX.
Project Smile Grantee. Implemented a visit to a medieval church with the disabled children. Funded by US Department of State.
Armenian (Native), English (Native fluency), Russian (Fluent), French (good), Italian (beginner).
WINDOWS, MS OFFICE, OneNote, ADOBE Illustrator, INTERNET.
Baking, cooking, collecting earrings
09:14 Posted: Aug 2010
Views: 944,067 | Comments: 249
21:53 Posted: Feb 2010
Views: 3,086,468 | Comments: 921
13:50 Posted: Nov 2009
Views: 10,042,187 | Comments: 1158