Dr. G.L. ASAWA
• Professor and Dean (Admin.) at GLA University, Mathura (After retirement from IIT Roorkee)
• Faculty member at IIT Roorkee (erstwhile University of Roorkee) during Sept. 1971 – Sept. 2010, and Professor of Civil Engineering since 1988; Head, Department of Civil Engineering at IIT Roorkee from May 2006 to Dec. 2009.
• Faculty Member at M.R.E.C., Jaipur and B.I.T., Ranchi (Jan. 1970 to Sept. 1971
• Worked as Principal Water Engineer in Nigeria during Dec. 1981 to June 1984.
• Graduated from Univ, of Jodhpur in 1967;
• M.E. (Hyd. Struct.) from B.I.T.S. Pilani in 1969
• Ph.D. from University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee) in 1983
Published about 70 research papers in areas such as
Fluid Mechanics, Wind Engineering, Hydrometery,
Hydraulic Structures, River Engineering, and Ground Water
Authored the following four books:
• Fluid Flow in Pipes and Channels
• Irrigation and Water Resources Engineering
• Laboratory Work in Hydraulic Engineering
• Elementary irrigation Engineering
Has been associated with more than 50 consultancy projects related to
River engineering, Industrial Aerodynamics, Hydraulic structures, Hydrpower etc.
1. Member, Indian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage.
2. Member of the BIS’ Sectional Committee for formulation of the National Water Code.
3. Member of the Advisory Board of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
4. Member of the “National Mirror Committee (of Bureau of Indian Standards) for ISO Works of Water Resources Department”
5. Member of the High Level Multi-disciplinary Expert Committee to study the problem of siltation of the reservoirs and dams in India and to suggest the remedial measures.
6. Leader of Indian Delegation for the ISO/TC 113 meetings during Oct. 03-08, 1994 at Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
7. Member of Indian Delegation for the ISO/TC 113 meetings held at (i) CWPRS, Pune during Dec. 5-9, 2005, and (ii) Environment Agency, Birmingham (U.K.) during May 18-22, 2009.
8. Visiting Professorship from June 08-14, 2008 at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Johor (Malaysia) to advise their faculty and the University on the future development and related studies in Hydraulic Structures and Irrigation.
9. Member, Expert Committee for Preparation of Manual on Storm water Drainage
10. Reviewer for ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering and other Journals.
11. Member of the Senate of SVNIT, Surat
12. Member, DFB of Civil Engineering Department of M.M. University, Mullana (Ambala)
Dr. Asawa is a Fellow of IEI, IWRS, ISH, IAH, and IAStructE, and Member of ISWE