CEO (pro bono) Earth Intelligence Network (501c3 Public Charity)
• Recruited 23 other pioneers to design the World Brain & Global Game
• Created strategic analytic model for global holistic analysis & integrated gaming
• Trained United Nations “Class Before One” and Helped Establish Hybrid Unit
• Published two foundation books
• COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE: Creating a Prosperous World at Peace (2008)
• INTELLIGENCE for EARTH: Clarity, Diversity, Integrity, & Sustainability (2010)
CEO Open Source Solutions, Inc. (Virginia C Corporation)
• Created modern Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) discipline across 90 countries
• Created first handbooks in the discipline for DoD, NATO, Special Forces
• Inspired creation of new units now employing roughly 25,000 specialists
• Created concepts of Smart Nation, Information Arbitrage, Information Peacekeeping
• Organized and managed global conferences training 7,500 mid-career officers
• Created 30,000 pages of original content still online, free, and relevant
• Created thousands of relationships across national and organizational boundaries
• Inspired sharing across eight “tribes” of intelligence (academia, civil society, commercial, government, law enforcement, media, military, non-profit)
• Published five foundation books
• INFORMATION OPERATIONS: All Information, All Languages, All the Time (2006)
• THE SMART NATION ACT: Public Intelligence in the Public Interest (2006)
• PEACEKEEPING INTELLIGENCE: Emerging Concepts for the Future (2003)
• THE NEW CRAFT OF INTELLIGENCE: Personal, Public, & Political (2002)
• ON INTELLIGENCE: Spies and Secrecy in an Open World (2000)
• Produced OSINT for the multiple clients with global needs
• Roughly $10 million in revenue with one full-time employee (self)
• From indigenous local knowledge in 29 languages to global geospatial and online
• IRS audit of 2007 found “no change” for an extremely complex global small business
Special Assistant Deputy Director
Company Executive Officer
United States Marine Corps
• As second-ranking civilian (GM-14) from 1988-1993
• Created Service General Defense Intelligence Program (1985-1988)
• Created Marine Corps Intelligence Center/Command (1988-1992)
• Managed Congressional, Departmental, and Inter-Agency relationships
• As infantry, intelligence, security/personnel officer (active 75-79, reserve 79-96)
• On first tour, chosen from among 25 lieutenants to fill CWO-4 position as S-1/Adjutant, deploying for six months on six ships to six countries (1,500 men)
• Selected to help write Marine Corps Master Intelligence Plan (MCMIP)
• Promoted to field grade (Major/O-4) over course of 20 years in the Reserve
Clandestine Operations Officer under Diplomatic Cover—permission received in 1992 to be overtly known to public Central Intelligence Agency
• Top performer (top 10% in class, selected for Mid-Career Course (War College))
• Recruited 25 traitors, managed over 100 clandestine assets, spent $100K/month
• One of two officers assigned to penetrate terrorist target in Latin America
• Created first Standard Operating Procedures for a (Clandestine) Field Station
• Hand-picked to pioneer advanced information technology for entire agency
• Hand-picked to work for Director of Central Intelligence in Advanced Program & Evaluation Group (APEG) overseeing rest of the intelligence community
Intelligence for Earth: Clarity, Diversity, Integrity, & Sustainability--connecting all five billion poor to create infinite wealth, complete transparency, a prosperous world at peace. Free online.
Priority One: free cell phone access for all, to harness the one inexhaustible resource we have. OpenBTS and OpenMoko are a good start, but need call centers and global networks able to educate the five billion poor one cell call at a time--that creates scalable transparency and truth that creates trust and wealth, in the process eradicating corruption and waste.
Priority Two: creating a Strategic Analytic Model (ten high level threats to humanity, twelve core policies from Agriculture to Water, eight demographics, five methods) so as to create a Global Range of Gifts Table down to the individual level that allows a global sparse matrix that connects the one billion rich to the five billion poor at the item level of aid--cut out the intermediaries almost completely, all assistance to be 100% transparent in real time.
Pitching Sir Richard Branson (or anyone else) on being first to offer OpenBTS and OpenMoko to the five billion poor, along with call centers that comprise, in the aggregate, world brain & global game.
Humility--took time to learn collective intelligence is superior to top-down command & control intelligence. After years of teaching 66+ governments, am going with the flow away from government.
None to date.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.