Retired officer from the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, served in border area of Jammu & Kashmir for 4 years. After retirement, engaged in social activities with following details:
1. World Bank Project U-SEE (Unlimited Saving of Electrical Energy) – Awarded World Bank honor & knowledge grant: Project aim -How to stop misuse of electricity during day time, get free light, save money, save finite natural resources at grass roots level without involving nano-technology or million dollar investment and on how to reduce green house gases that result in climate change, global warming/global dimming - Would like to disseminate knowledge to the future generation about harnessing our strengths and reduce weaknesses. Details: http://sunlightexpertvasanth.carbonmade.com
2. "TOBACCO KILLS" – Anti-Tobacco Forum (ATF) As Convenor, delivered talks and has interacted with staff and students with the aim of creating awareness for 'Zero Tobacco world'. Covered more than 10,000 students from about 45 institutions including Mount Carmel College, KLE College, Bengaluru and Mahajana College, Maharshi School, Mysore etc., as also for techies of some MNC companies whose employees were spending valuable time for satisfying their urge to go out of the campus and smoke because the entire premises of such huge complexes/campuses had been declared as ‘Smoke-Free Zones’.
3. HRD/Skill and personality Development Training awareness programme for urban and rural students - Conducting programs involving Consumer Awareness, Civic Sense and HRD Skill programme under the aegis of MGP - recently in rural area at JSS College, Nanjanagudu. A theatrical experience will be imparted to students for Inculcation of moral and ethical values with a theatrical performance - a full day program - at the end of the day, about 20 children from amongst the participants, will be asked to perform a play before the School Staff and their Parents.
4. Environmental issues: Was instrumental in launching an innovative campaign with "BRING BIRDS BACK TO BENGALURU" by content creation, designing and developing nests for birds, feeding areas, bird baths etc., removal of dead wood, tree surgery, planting of bird friendly fruits, flowers variety bushes and saplings that feed the flora and fauna with their daily needs of nectar etc. at Gayatri Devi Park,Rajajinagara, Bengaluru. This programme has been taken over by BBMP, Bengaluru and has become a regular annual programme and has been implemented successfully in a number of well known parks in Bengaluru.
5. VAM - Voters Awareness Movement since 1995: Awareness campaign for citizens to get up, go and vote for better governance - In Bengaluru, BBMP elections are coming and number of "operations" are expected to be conducted in open Operation Theatres - please visit: http://vasanthmysoremath.blogspot.com
6. Consumer Awareness: Interacted with respective departments and others in government for their presence while comparing 152 live 'phone-in' programmes on a private 4M TV Channel in Bengaluru, as Member, Karnataka Grahaka Panchayat®.
7. Presently Member, Mysore Grahaka Parishat and nominated Advisor-Member on JNNURM project on solid waste management systems in Mysore, India for formulating VISION STATEMENT-2013 and beyond - Former Resource Person,, Childrens Movement for Civic Awareness of Public Affairs Center and Janaagraha of Bengaluru, India
8. Sub-editor, “Kaaranji” fortnightly bilingual news magazine and Freelance Columnist.
(1) Stopping misuse of scarce and finite energy resources for lighting purpose during day time and (2) Eliminating killer tobacco crop from the face of the earth and save kids from bad habit;
(1) Browse: http://sunlightexpertvasanth.carbonmade.com for details on how we can save electricity being misused by people for lighting their home interiors - how this misuse can be stopped by harvesting the infinite solar light during day time; how to light up rural homes that do not have electricity during day time and also give them 4 light points after sunset free of cost; how to reduce green house gases that are resulting in climate change, global warming with global impacts with the help of my Project U-SEE that received a certificate of honor and a knowledge grant from the World Bank in IDM-2007 competition (2) How to eliminate killer tobacco that is killing one person every 8th second and is attracting even sixth grade children to get into this abnoxious habit and how governments are failing in their duty to honor their agreement/protocol with WHO sponsored Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) by 2020. and (3) how to motivate people to vote in a democracy.
Saving of electricity, how to get free light, Climate Change, eliminating tobacco from earth, electoral reforms in democratic countries, employability skills in under developed/developing nations.
Saving electricity, anti-tobacco campaign, kick-corruption campaign, peace on earth, equitable distribution of earth's resources, stop stratification of society on grounds of wealth
Time to re-jig our priorities in this still beautiful world. If one Tsunami can eliminate millions in minutes, if one 9/11 can bring a powerful nation to its knees, if one nuclear mishap can wipe out or evaporate part of the world's population, is it worth investing billions of tax payers money in creating mass destructive weapons? Why this hatredness among red blooded human beings? Present day temporary politicians/ Policy makers are playing with the lives of future generations, as if they will be living for 500 hundred years. Will it not be worth and wise to divert at least half of the investment being made in preparations for protecting imaginery attacks from different sources for eliminating poverty and hunger of at least a quarter of the world's population? Can we not have a borderless society and have a wonderful system of equitable pro-rata distribution of natural resources that are becoming finite by the day? Time to re-think and help the world to live a little longer.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.