A serial entrepreneur born and raised in Buenos Aires, got a true multicultural upbringing between both the Anglo and Spanish cultures. Fortunate to spend part of the childhood at the family "estancia" (ranch) which provided a good mix of country and big-city cultures.
Unrelentingly curious and a bookworm from an early age, soon realized that neither singing nor law provided full career satisfaction, ended up working (and travelling the world) in the maritime industry until 2010 when it became possible to indulge full time in that entrepreneurial vocation.
- University of Oxford – Master of Business Administration.
- Universidad de Buenos Aires – Lawyer – Specialization in Business Law.
- Universidad de Buenos Aires – Bachelor in Law.
- St. Andrew’s Scots School – Buenos Aires - Bachiller /High School Certificate.
Experience as Educator at Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (UADE)
- Professor of Strategic Management (since 2001)
- Professor of Industrial Strategies in Biotechnology (since 2007)
Experience as Entreprenuer:
+ Founder and CEO at Distrilate SA (2011) a company providing transport, storage and distribution of energy and fuels.
+ Founder and CEO at Latedis SA (2006) a company that trains mobile phone sales persons for carriers and retailers through seminars and e-learning. Additionally, Latedis provides consulting services in training and sales channel communications.
+ Co-Founder and Director at Grupo FKS (2007) a real estate development company focused on urban renewal by recycling derelict buildings, and then renting them as offices, homes, etc.
+ Co- Founder and CEO at Site (2000-2001). An online training company aimed at giving sales staff of car retailers a college degree in marketing through e-learning. The company folded during the 2001 crisis in Argentina.
Experience working for others:
+ P&O Maritime Services Pty Ltd - (2004-2010) - Commercial & Marketing Manager for South America - Developed a new business units including the purchase of a river barging company on the Parana/Paraguay Waterway.
+ Agencia Maritima Internacional / Ultramar Argentina SA (1988-1999 and 2001-2004)
- Manager Freight Forwarding. Responsible for freight forwarding business unit.
- Manager Offshore & Projects. Responsible for the management of a division that provides support services to the Oil & Gas industry in Patagonia
- Manager Travel Agency. Responsible for a small in-house travel agency (IATA) specializing in seamen and business travel.
- Projects Manager. Analysed investment projects and business development plans for AMI and other companies of the von Appen group.
- Trainee Shipbroker/Shipoperator (Buenos Aires, Copenhagen & Hamburg)
Finding a way to fight government corruption with technology. Maybe by making it harder for "third world" crooks to invest their I'll gotten gains in the "first world".
Legalize all recreational drugs.The damage the illegal drug trade is doing now around the world is surely larger than the damage from potential increase in drug use due to legalization.Treat them just like smoking, fight them through awareness and control them within the law.
How can we fight corruption using technology?
Driving cattle cross country on horseback. Singing at weddings.
I found TED while seaching online for talks by Richard Dawkins. I fell in love with TED at first sight, watched tons of videos online and cheekly applied for membership, Long Beach 2013 will be my fifth TED conference.
13:47 Posted: Mar 2013
Views: 2,429,307 | Comments: 679
11:18 Posted: Dec 2012
Views: 574,098 | Comments: 167
16:00 Posted: Feb 2012
Views: 517,613 | Comments: 92
10:16 Posted: Mar 2011
Views: 648,371 | Comments: 219
20:27 Posted: Mar 2011
Views: 2,576,746 | Comments: 443