I am a qualified Spanish Translator and Interpreter; Spanish is my native language
Since 2009 I have been translating children's stories and songs for QBook, an application for iPad developed by Kiwa Media Ltd. This work requires a high degree of localisation. At Kiwa
I also do voice-over work in Neutral Spanish accent for the Latin American and US markets. As Spanish Language Supervisor, I monitor all printed and recorded texts produced there. Publishers of the Qbooks are Penguin Group (NZ) and Hinkler Books
I have recently worked for Rugby NZ 2011 Ltd,
translating content for the Rugby World Cup website; and for Rugby World Cup Ltd, translating legal documentation and correspondence
I am a member of the New Zealand Literary
Translators initiative for the translation of works of New Zealand literature
My previous work includes:
▪ translation of legal documentation for immigration
▪ translation of promotional material for New
▪ translation and subtitling of online lectures for TED.com
▪ translation projects through the United Nations for Reaching Hearts for Kids, AMUMRA (Asociación de Mujeres Migrantes y Refugiadas en la Argentina) and the UNV Programme
▪ proofing of recorded Spanish material for Navman GPS equipment
▪ English-Spanish-German Interpreter for a supplier at the trade fair in Frankfurt
▪ teaching Spanish to students from Goethe University and Deutsche Bank personnel in Frankfurt and privately in New Zealand
▪ teaching English to university students and school children in Germany and Argentina
Before becoming a translator, I worked in Architecture in the UK, Germany, Argentina and New Zealand, where I reside since 2003
... communication. I love art, especially painting and film. I have made a design doco that is available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlVTbGuUE1k
It would be fantastic if we could focus on getting drinking water to people with limited access to this precious mineral.
Anything except fanatism or greed
People around me know me well as I am very communicative
I heard of TED through a colleague interpreter and I find it a great tool to learn languages and about the world. I am a dedicated translator, volunteering for TED
This user has not yet posted any comments.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.