I'm an "ideas, communication and vision" type. Good with concepts and seeing the bigger picture. Wisdom and values oriented. I'm a great researcher, sifter, editor, tuning fork, aggregator, brainstormer, mediator, assessor and communicator. I excel at maintaining the focus and integrity of ideas. Solid organization skills.
RESEARCH (Web) Self-directed, 2009-present
• Currently building database in view of new media platform featuring innovation, progressive thought and initiatives that foster positive global change across various fields.
CREATIVE DIRECTION (Television) Creative Director - Wabunganung Film, 2009-10
• Content / story supervisor, collaborated on all phases of production of Sparkle, an Evening with Andrea Menard, a documentary performance TV special.
WRITING (Advertising) Freelance Writer - Martel et co, 2007-2008
• Adapted national campaigns for Quebec market (television and print)
• Created original pitch concepts and participated in brainstorms
• Co-developed animated TV spot for French market (concept, story board, theme song)
SCRIPT EDITING (Film) Consultant - Various, 2007-present
• Edited feature film script The Art of Living by Paula Costain; edited mini-series script The Women in Me by Andrea Menard and Paula Costain
• Consultant on feature film script Maternidad by Sabine El Gemayel; consultant on documentary feature Mysteries of the Northern Lights by Geoff Hart
DESIGN (Print, Web) 2008-present
• Created Lulubird online shop selling original hand-drawn inspirational designs on t-shirts and fabric items: www.lulubird.wordans.com
• Consultant for website and business card design for Société du Goût
TRANSLATION (English to French) Translator - 2007-present, including:
• Interviews for Le Rebut Global, environmental doc series
• Content for Voyage à travers la nuit, television doc series
• Journalistic text on Haiti for photojournalist Darren Ell
• Telecentre newsletter (NGO spreading Internet access in developing countries)
TRANSCRIPTION 2009-present, including:
• Interview transcripts for various McGill-funded medical research projects
• Transcripts for various television productions, including Democracy Now
ACTING AND VOICE WORK (Theatre, film, TV)
• Acted in dozens of plays, films, series and commercials, 1997-2008
• Voice Artist for hundreds of films, live or animation series, documentaries and advertisements (TV announcer credits include Nintendo, Cirque du Soleil, Saab, L’Oréal and Maybelline) 2000-present (Acting resume + Voice demo available at www.davidremington.com)
• Wrote, produced and directed In One Eye and Out the Other (17 min, 1992)
• Co-wrote, co-produced and co-directed Tied (10 min, 1991)
(Presented at the Montreal Film Festival, in Student Category)
DISTRIBUTION (Film) Marketing, Press Relations, Programming Assistant - Alliance Vivafilm, Behavior Film and Film Tonic, spanning 1992 to 2000
• Took part in marketing, releasing and programming films in Quebec market
• Handled visiting stars (such as Julie Delpy, Jaqueline Bisset, Emmanuelle Béart, Hulk Hogan, Patrick Bruel)
• Handled media communications; coordinated premieres, press releases and interviews.
Theatre Studies: Conservatoire d’art dramatique de Montréal, 1994-97
BA - Communication Studies (film option): Concordia University, Montreal, 1989-92
DEC – Arts & Communications: Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf, Montreal, 1987-89
English and French (fluent written-spoken) / Italian (basic written-spoken)
Democracy Now rush transcripts (2011) / TED translator (2009-2012) / SPCA Puppy Mill Rescue dog rehabilitation (2007-2010) / / INCA reader of audio books for the blind (1998-2001)
INTERNSHIPS AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Film Editing / Script Continuity / Television Production / Advanced film dubbing / French diction / American speech / Singing / Reiki (spanning 1989 to 2008)
Creativity -- Transformation / evolution -- Personal and global healing -- Interconnectedness -- Compassion -- Human + animal + planet welfare -- Authentic expression -- Joy
Changing our media and storytelling culture to highlight and feature more of what is positive, inspiring, transformational, progressive, empowering, visionary, global and hope-based.
(as opposed to dramatic / neurotic / fear-based media and entertainment culture that is mostly prevalent still.)
This user has not yet posted any comments.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.