Online Advertising; AdWords; Reactive Customer support; YouTube; Social networks; interactivity in social media; User experience; support service; online help models; user generated content; process efficiency methodologies; support email automation;
Community radio; video making; infographics; posters
Process Improvement Evangelist
February 2009 – Present ( 11 months)
Applying Six Sigma methodologies in identifying the deficiencies in processes and correcting them.
Online Help Specialist / Product Specialist
February 2007 – January 2009 (2 years)
As the Editor for the YouTube India blog I was to identify the trends in Indian users on YouTube and blog about them with supporting videos. The role required for me to engage and start a conversation with the Indian users of YouTube through the blog.
Online Help Specialist :
As the Product Specialist for the team in India and my responsibilities included helping support teams understand complex product features to be able to better help users via email and over forums.
I had the opportunity to work closely with the Product management team of YouTube and understand the technicalities involved in product planning.
Other Projects handled:
- Following are the projects/activities I took care of outside of my responsibilities mentioned above:
- Global Intranet page for YouTube to get the communication between various global teams such as Dublin, San Bruno, Tokyo, Mexico and Argentina going.
- Served as YouTube India's spokesperson on the advertising opportunities available Indian advertisers
- Set up the YouTube channel for the Government of India to promote their tourism department 'Incredible India.'
Client Service Representative
April 2005 – January 2007 (1 year 10 months)
As a policy specialist I was expected to mentor teams and individuals on the finer elements of AdWords policies. The role required for me to have an understanding of the underlying principles of Google as a company. This knowledge helped me internalize the logic behind AdWords policies and helped me in applying them better.
This role also triggered the interest to start researching on various internet laws and how they differ across the globe depending on their cultural, regional and political contexts. This exposure later on helped me understand regional differences I would see in the user-generated content YouTube in days that continued.
Sales Technical Operations Specialist:
As I grew more and more interested in the AdWords and its technicalities, I got absorbed into the technical operations team of AdWords whose integral requirement was an end-to-end understanding of the product. As part of ramp-up for the role I was introduced to the back-end and to the intricacies of trouble-shooting issues with the product. I later on went on to apply this knowledge with helping CSRs troubleshoot super-complex troubleshooting issues.
- Was a founding team member on the AdWords Ideas Council.
- Served as an interviewer for Google to hire smart, highly capable and talented work-force.
- Took on various other initiatives to bring teams members in getting to know each other better.
11:20 Posted: Dec 2009
Views: 281,577 | Comments: 89
17:14 Posted: Dec 2009
Views: 531,998 | Comments: 140
17:32 Posted: Sep 2009
Views: 872,557 | Comments: 149
19:51 Posted: Sep 2009
Views: 410,871 | Comments: 90
17:04 Posted: Sep 2009
Views: 240,770 | Comments: 48