Digital Asset Management Foundation, Chair of Human Resources Committee and Board Member, 2011-present
Author, ìThe Sorting of Competing Metadata Modelsî, Journal of Digital Asset Management, June 2012
Presented on the connection of the UPS and Ogilvy DAMs at Henry Stewart NYC, May 2012
Presented on the connection of video edit bays and an existing DAM at Henry Stewart LA, November 2012
M. S., Archives Management - Simmons College, 2002
B. A., English - Middle Tennessee State University, 2000
2006-present UPS Atlanta, GA
Digital Asset Management
* Established an award-winning DAM with a global audience.
* Developed and validated metrics showing an 8:1 ROI on DAM work.
* Consolidated departmental repositories.
* Wrote and taught classes on DAM use and use of copyrighted materials and imagery.
* Worked with vendors and contractors to establish workflows and quality control.
* Constructed and managed Access Control Lists (ACLs).
2005-2006 Southern Polytechnic State Marietta, GA
Archivist/Rare Books Librarian
* Established a University Archives and Special Collections, including composing approved written policies, supply requisition, and publicity.
* Published a finding aid compliant with both DACS and RLG standards for EAD.
* Published over two dozen official separate web pages, plus regular upkeep on a progress blog
* Processed a wide variety of documents and non-traditional formats
* Publicized and promoted the new department to peer institutions and within the organization.
2003-2005 SOLINET Atlanta, GA
Preservation Field Services Officer
* Provided information and referral service to librarians and archivists throughout the Southeast.
* Wrote, planned, scheduled, and taught preservation workshops.
* Ran cost analysis and generate reports for use in NEH grant process.
* Developed content for publication.
* Conducted site visits to address member concerns.
* Conducted formal consultations related to the administration of Preservation Assistance Grants awarded by the NEH.
2000-2002 Harvard University Libraries Cambridge, MA
Assistant Archivist/Librarian IV
* Dismantled card catalogs and converted contents to modern digital metadata.
* Updated catalog records to reflect changes in collection.
* Prepared materials for storage and a building move.
* Worked with newspaper and photograph preservation.
* Used bar-coding and dialog basic system (MARC records) to track materials.
The arrangement, description, preservation and access of information. I love what the internet has done for the discovery and propagation of knowledge, research, and problem solving.
The effective preservation and access of information helps everyone.
How you share and save your work to make it easily discoverable and sharable.
During my undergrad years, I was assistant manger at a children's bookstore - and if the job had paid more, I might never have gone to grad school. I'm also quite good at urban gardening and sewing.
This user has not yet posted any comments.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.