An adaptable, highly multi cultural, ambitious, tenacious and motivated double post-graduate with an MBA in Marketing from Mumbai University and an Msc in International Management from The University of Sheffield. Currently working with a leading Multi Commodity Exchange as a research associate. Having also worked for 2 years with Kier Group Plc (UK), as a Market Research Analyst & Marketing Assistant in England, United Kingdom.
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
5th March 2012 – Present Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX INDIA)
• Economic Researcher
• Conducting academically oriented financial research on commodity markets. The research work involves writing academic papers, white papers and occasional papers for publications in leading relevant journals for the purpose of creating awareness about markets and commodity markets in particular among policy makers and members of the public with hedging as the primary objective.
• Written an academic paper on the American Dodd-Frank Act and its implications on America's financial sector. Also lessons for India from the American regulatory reform.
• Jointly prepared a paper on the Importance of Hedging and explored the levels of price risk management offered by using the current forms of exchange traded derivatives.
• Supervised and contributed to a study on the Effectiveness of Hedging offered by the MCX platform and its comparison with international exchanges.
• Prepared and published a report on Silver and its price analysis.
• Also, prepared a policy brief on allowing Banks to participate in the Commodity Markets
• Currently working on a paper titled 'Introduction of Options in Commodity Trading in India'.
10th August 2010 – 5th January 2012 Kier Group (UK)
• Market Research Analyst/Marketing Assistant
• As part of the KPSS team (Kier Public Sector Services) I was responsible for conducting market research on UK government organisations including Local Authorities across the United Kingdom
• My research reports were accurate, consistent and pertinent to the task. I engaged well with the team of Directors
• Given my work ethic I received a very positive feedback from my Directors and was also given a pay rise within one year of joining the company
• Successfully completed the Bid Winning Skills Programme which was useful in writing some of the successful bids which Kier took part in
• Was instrumental in creating ground work research for Kier Public Sector Services (KPSS).
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT EDUCATION
2008-2009 University of Sheffield, UK
Msc. International Management
• Core subjects in East Asian Economics, Economy of Japan, European Business, International Business Strategy, International Management, German language level 1 and International Branding.
• Submitted a dissertation on Place Branding.
2006-2008 University of Mumbai, India
Masters in Management Studies (Marketing Specialisation) (Distinction)
• Core subjects in Marketing & Brand Management, International Marketing, Operations Management, Product and Service Branding, Management Information System, HR and Financial Management.
• Conducted Independent Research on the ‘Market potential of TATA’s cheapest car the Nano in Mumbai.
2001-2005 University of Mumbai, India
• Bachelors of Commerce
• Core Subjects in Accounting (Cost + Financial), General Management Theories, Marketing Management, Industrial Relations and Managerial Economics.
I am passionate about current world events, and happenings in the commodity sector, I am also a keen follower of Buddhism as my spiritual source. I am an avid fan of history.
A world truly without borders holds a potential far bigger than what one could imagine. The greatest inventions made by mankind have been during the times when national borders didn't exist. These are the inventions which laid the foundations for our lives today. The source of invention was not just one country, it was truly global and people were contributing to great inventions from all corners of the world. When we erect borders, we create a counter productive world. We create a monopolistic world where ideas are thrusted from one part of the world to another. If we remove borders we will have more uniformity, more equality and greater partnerships. In a world starved of great ideas this is the idea that brings all ideas together! For a better future for the world! We really need a universal thought process and politicians mostly in western countries must get the thinking process of a nation state out of their heads and think more global!
This user has not yet posted any comments.
This member doesn't have any favorite talks yet.