A passport ready island girl and passionate Angeleno; aspires to do good; advocates for other Do-Gooders; writes; draws; BA in English, MA in Social Entrepreneurship & Change; meditating on the idea that the world can be improved through rightly directed human effort (meliorism).
M.A. Social Entrepreneurship and Change. Pepperdine Universtiy. 2012.
B.A. English, Creative Writing. University of Southern California. Magna Cum Laude. 2005.
Writing, Editorial and Social Media
• Created blog postings on Wordpress for socially conscious organizations such as the Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance, ProWorld Belize, Amble Eco-Resorts and Synergies in Sync. 2011 to 2012
• Wrote copy for Adventures by Disney and Disney’s new ‘Aulani Resort and Spa, creating stimulating messaging for the target segments of Disney Resorts marketing campaigns. 2012
• Operated Twitter and Facebook accounts for The Strange, Synergies in Sync and The Hub LA’s social media marketing campaigns. 2010 to 2011
• Filmed a short documentary about Ya’axché Conservation Organization’s rainforest rangers in Punta Gorda, Belize. 2011
• Produced a short video for the Hollywood Farmer’s Market to raise awareness about the organization’s impact on the community. 2011
• Filmed short online videos for nonprofit organizations such as OneWorld Now! and Synergies in Sync to raise awareness about these organizations and their ambitious international goals. 2011
Operational and Administrative Management
• Managed all operational functions of The Strange, a non-profit creative space. Responsibilities included recruitment of volunteers, program development and communication of goals to stakeholders. 2010
• Coordinated all administrative systems of Partizan Entertainment, maintained office aesthetic, troubleshot IT issues, maintained a schedule for production teams, and hired new employees and interns. 2007
• Performed administrative tasks for Ivan Reitman, President Jeffrey Clifford and Vice President Ali Bell at Montecito Picture Company. 2006
• Accommodated for all personal and business needs for Wes Craven, a high profile filmmaker and his family, including scheduling of meetings and coordinating household staff. 2007 to 2009
Team Building and Leadership
• Led a team in the research and writing of a paper entitled “Social Entrepreneurship and the Importance of Storytelling in ‘Changemaking.’” We presented our findings at the Hawaii International Conference for Business. 2011
• Connected with a team of students through Pepperdine University’s Masters of Social Entrepreneurship and Change program and collected interviews of individuals working in philanthropic organizations or social enterprises to observe and analyze best practices in the sector. 2010 to 2012
• Mentored interns at Montecito Picture Company, Partizan Entertainment and Synergies in Sync, offering guidance to young professionals interested in philanthropy and film production. 2006 to 2011
Childcare and Education
• Assisted directors during the Honolulu Theater for Youth’s summer drama program for children between the ages of 6 and 10, developing artwork and dramatic performances for a recital at the conclusion of the program. 2002
• Tutored students at an elementary school as a USC Reader, which focused its program on students living in Los Angeles’ low-income neighborhoods. 2002
• Provided childcare for several families with one or more children under the age of 5, including assistance with meal preparation, engaging children in educational opportunities and transportation between activities. 2010 to 2012.
• Building the capacity of philanthropic organizations to sustainably achieve their missions through better management practices and successful marketing strategies, particularly effective storytelling.
• Garnering interest for civic action in the younger generations to build a philanthropic legacy.
• Technologically savvy, with proficiencies in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel, as well as the Mac OS programs, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, Final Cut Pro and Adobe CS4. Familiar with multiple lined phone systems, FileMakerPro data management, and Salesforce CRM.
• High-level interpersonal skills: customer service, client recruitment and strategic partnerships.
• Available upon request.
Art, Media, Social Change, Conservation, Sustainable Agriculture, Gender Equality, Human Rights, Poverty and Hunger, Filmmaking for Social Change
Coffee shops are dangerous places where people meet, conspire, think and innovate. More artist entrepreneurs should be taking advantage of these locations and building their own.
Social Entrepreneurship, English Romantic Poetry, cinema, documentary filmmaking, Belize, Hawaii, Los Angeles, London, cultural capital and social media for social good.
Poetry. Karaoke. Pop culture.
After watching Jeff Skoll's TED talk about Participant Media, I became infatuated, not just with Jeff Skoll, but with the entire TED community. I hope to one day attend one of the talks and call myself a fellow, but until that day comes, I will enjoy feeding my brain with as many good ideas as TED can offer me.
03:51 Posted: Nov 2011
Views: 882,029 | Comments: 113
07:52 Posted: Nov 2011
Views: 964,263 | Comments: 158
12:23 Posted: Dec 2011
Views: 637,913 | Comments: 163
24:09 Posted: Mar 2011
Views: 1,379,684 | Comments: 347
15:48 Posted: Jun 2009
Views: 932,011 | Comments: 200