Press and media information
Want to follow TED? Here are ways to connect:
Get TED news and conference coverage on the TED Blog
Follow TED on Twitter:
See photos from TED events on Flickr.
Talks from each TED event are released on TED.com throughout the year following each conference. See our TEDTalks Usage Policy page for TEDTalks licensing, usage policies and common questions.
For press information, images and media resources about TED conferences, TED.com and TEDTalks, please get in touch with Group SJR:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 917-267-2929
Press attendance at a TED event
TED invites a small number of requesting journalists to cover each conference. We give priority to proposals from journalists:
- who work for mainstream and online media outlets capable of reaching large or influential audiences
- who have a track record of insightful coverage in areas related to TED
- who have a specific commission for coverage of the conference (and not just of speakers or others attending)
Some things to note:
- We take great care in filming TED for TED Talks. It is very rare that we invite outside cameras in for video and TV efforts, but we are happy to evaluate all requests for conference footage.
- We do not admit outside photographers.
- We are unable to consider press passes for freelancers without an assignment letter from the outlet for which you wish to report.
Interested in covering a TED event?
Send your name, the name of your media outlet, and your proposed area of coverage to Group SJR at email@example.com. Press decisions are generally made in the months preceding the conferences, and accepted attending press are notified approximately one month before each event.
Image requests must be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Name of requested image
- Publication date
- Preferred file format
- Deadline for receipt of image
Image requests should be directed to Group SJR at firstname.lastname@example.org
A photo credit will be provided when the image is delivered. This credit must run in full.
Requests for interviews should be directed to Group SJR at email@example.com. Your email should include the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Brief background on your interview request
- Proposed publication date
- Your deadline
All other press requests, including requests to attend TED, TEDActive and TEDGlobal, should include the information outlined above and be directed to Group SJR at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be reached by phone at +1 917-267-2929. Press passes to TED events are limited, and press attendance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To republish, link to and embed TEDTalks
We encourage you to share TEDTalks. Our Help section details our Creative Commons BY-NC-ND licensing. Read more »
For other uses, see our TEDTalks Usage Policy page for TEDTalks licensing, usage policies and common questions.
To suggest a speaker
If you know an extraordinary speaker we should consider for a TED event, please read our nomination page and use the "Suggest a Speaker" form there. Your form will go directly to our speaker team. Multiple nominations are not necessary. And yes, you may nominate yourself. Suggest a Speaker »
To nominate a TED Prize winner
For all other questions, please contact us.