Webcast System Requirements
Minimum hardware requirements
- Windows: Intel Pentium 4 2.33GHz processor (or equivalent) with 128MB of RAM and 64MB of video ram
- Mac: PowerPC G5 1.8GHz or faster processor or Intel Core Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor with 256MB of RAM and 64MB of video RAM
- iOS: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen or later, iPad mini, iPod Touch 4th generation or later (check your configuration) iOS 4.3 or later
- Linux: Intel Pentium 4 2.33GHz processor (or equivalent) with 128MB of RAM and 64MB of video RAM
- Windows (XP/Vista/7)
- Mac OS X
- iOS (New!)
- Internet browser: Internet Explorer 7 or above, Safari, Firefox, Chrome
- Flash player browser plug-in version 10.0 or greater. You can check your browser version.
- Note: iPad or other iOS devices does NOT require Flash
- Please note, a flash player is required to access the webcast. Tablets that are not flash compliant (including iPads) cannot access the live stream or archive.
- Air Play - If you have an Apple TV running on the same WiFi network as your 2011 or later Mac or iOS device (this includes the included iPad Mini) your devices will automatically provide you with the AirPlay option. This will allow you to wirelessly connect the conference livestream video running on your Airplay-compatible device to your flatscreen television. AppleTV costs $99 in the US, and the price differs slightly worldwide. If you order an AppleTV, you must get an HDMI cable, too. Works with second and third generation Apple TV (small black one, not large white one) You must have an HDMI port available on your television. AppleTV software 10.2 (free) required. The AppleTV does many other wonderful things, check apple.com/appletv for more information.
We will offer multiple streams during the live webcast to ensure the widest support for our audience. Our video player will automatically detect your available network speed (bandwidth) and offer the highest quality option for you. The following streams and their required network speed (bandwidth) will offered:
- High quality: (Recommended for those who will be showing the webcast on a projection screen or large monitor.) Requires that your network connection be able to sustain a connection of 1.5 Mbps.(Megabits per second)
- Medium quality: Requires 800 Kbps (Kilobits per second)
- Basic quality: Requires 400 Kbps
- Low quality: Requires 200 Kbps
Use speedtest.net to test your network connection speed to determine which quality you are capable of receiving. Try it a few times and average the speed. Pay attention to the Download speed.