- Bastian Brandt
- Amsterdam (Nl)
This conversation is closed.
What is the best thing we can do with all the world’s knowledge, time, energy and money?
My idea would be, to combine all the creative energy of mankind to build something that supports our generation and every generation to come.
Where else should we put all our knowledge, time, energy and money?
We should build ourselves a starting ground from which we and our children build further.
Now the question arises, what we would need as a starting ground that we can pass on from our generation to generations to come?
Starting out with our basic needs and how we can secure that our basic needs are infinitely met; meaning also the basic needs of our future generations to come.
We would need to spent all our knowledge, time, energy and money to build something that infinitely supplies us with the basic goods that we need to live.
What could such a building look like?
A building, that not only supplies for us, but for all future generations to come?
1. It would have to generate more energy than it consumes.
2. It would have to create more fresh water than it consumes.
3. It would need to produce more fruits and vegetables than it consumes.
4. It would need to recycle its own waste in a cradle to cradle way.
5. It would need to maintain itself to a great extend.
6. The people living in it and future generation would need to be educated how to build and maintain it.
7. Its apartments would need sufficient sunlight.
8. It would need loudness zones from quite to loud, so that different age groups don’t get into conflict with each other.
9. It needs various huge community areas which allow for creative co-operations.
10. It should have a construction manual that we could give to any civilisation to copy it.
11. It should be able to finance itself.
12. Imagine a further developed civilization and they would give us such a construction manual. We got the technologies, if we could make it affordable, then we could truly create something very useful for our future generations.