- Jonathan Barker
- New Hamburg
A 3-D Printer In Every High School.
A 3D printer in every High School would have several instant benefits:
-Massive flexible design opportunities for teachers and students.
-Not as dangerous as a clay firing kiln... 3d scans of clay sculptures could be printed
- Trades could learn CAD software and print with the latest Industrial Design prototyping methods which is becoming industry standard process.
- Biology students could print animal skulls, bones, teeth, etc.
- Enable students to leverage the immense Google sketchup library of 3d models
- If it isn't needed, it isn't printed. Total customization to the curriculum needs.
- It's costly right now... 6000$ for a decent printer. The development of printers are following Moores Law however!
Thank you for reading! Love your comments! I'm passionate about this technology!