- Scott MacAfee
- Fredericton, New Brunswick
Open Sourced Governance anybody? With technolgy do we need to have elected folks make our decisions for us or can we do it ourselves...
Do we trade taxes for responsibility? Are we getting to the point where we could start deciding instantly and en masse what should be done - use surveymonkey, take a facebook poll and count hashtags. Then make a decision alert the appropriate individuals that the time their social responsibilty obligation has come - and get the action implemented.
Or are we not ready for the responsibility
Closing Statement from Scott MacAfee
I appreciate your contribution to this idea - it is forming with every comment - One of the issues that was brought to my attention is that not everybody has the information, the inclination or the time to contribute in a meaningful way to their community. "Can't someone else do this?" The simple answer is yes, but should someone else do this - I'm not sure.
Some of the boundaries that seem to make sense are:
- you should have daily impact on the issues that impact you daily
- You need to come for an informed place (Develop Community teams made up of "experts"
- Trading Taxes for Time/responsibiilty is the big question.
- If you had more time, what would you do, become more self absorbed or spend more time doing the things that you love to do, like volunteering or engaging in your passion.
- Our world needs our passion, and since all of our passions differ there is a place and time when we all have a chance to shine in our own unique way.
-we do need to develop an method or mechanism where those with the expertise, no matter their position or personality can assist in moving us all forward - we just need to be willing to give of ourselves.
Thanks again -