- Michael Wolfstone
- Montebello, CA
- United States
Director of Technology, Wolfstone and Associates
This conversation is closed.
A constitutional amendment relating to politics and politicians in Congress
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay once they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, so Congress will participate with the American people. Social Security trust fund may not be used for any purpose other than that granted in its originating law.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by either the CPI or 3% which ever is lower.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people. Congress is not exempt from any law. Congress cannot pass any law which applies only to themselves giving them privileges unavailable to the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
8. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), set by limit, then go home and go back to work.