- Michelle Rosenthal
- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
social worker, Dr Susan Smith McKinney Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
This conversation is closed.
Help me begin a 12 Step fellowship for Peace to overcome our addictions and compulsive behaviors leading to war, conflict & self destruction
It may be helpful if we collectively say the Serenity Prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference!
Lets start a global 12 Step Anonymous Fellowship for Peace: Let's collectively utilize Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step program as a guide. It has been used and modified to help millions of people around the world to recover from all sorts of compulsions such as drinking, overeating, smoking, gambling, etc. We can adapt it on a global level so we can sooth our hearts, put our dukes down and put our weapons down so we can begin saving our own lives striving 4 nonviolent interactions between any two people.
We may :
1) Admit we were powerless over conflict, fighting, war, greed, power, control etc and that our lives became unmanageable.
2) Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God/Higher Power as we understood Him.
4) Made a Searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5) Admitted to God/Higher Power, to ourselves and to another Human Being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6) Were entirely ready to have God/Higher Power remove all these defects of character.
7) Humbly ask God/ Higher Power to remove our shortcomings.
8) Made a list of all the persons we have harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9) Make direct amends to such people when ever possible except when to do so would injure them or others.
10) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God/Higher Power as we understand Him.
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to compulsive fighters/warriors and to practice these principals in all our affairs.
Can a global 12 step fellowship for peace be effective?