This conversation is closed.
Make a 'periodic table' of gadgets that will quantify our health and that still need to be invented: HIT, the Health Internet of Things
Every thing in our bathroom will soon have a display and a WUSB or Bluetooth connection because all of these displays will want to connect, thereby producing a real-time, ever-changing picture of our ambient health.
The time seems right to produce a ‘periodic table’ of all the gadgets still to be invented. Let me suggest the first 20.
1. Teeth. Toothbrush that measure fluoride and remembers the cavities, discoloration and notifies us of bad breath
2. Eyes. Glasses that monitor our eyesight and advise correction
3. Hair. Comb that screens the follicles, report on dandruff density, scan for fungus or lice, and count the hairs (hair loss)
4. Bottom. Toilets that test excrements both liquid and solid. Feces graded following the Bristol Stool scale.
5. Chest. Airports scanners that broadcast their results to our phone
6. Body. Clothes that are smart because the fibers compute
7. Underbelly. A new field of underwearables that integrate markers for early detection of cancers or other anomalies
8. Forearms. Shirts that screen the microbiome on your forearms (40x more than our own cells)
9. Neck. Collars that chemically analyse our sweat
10. Ear. Earphones that measure our hearing and that analyze our emotional level while we are listening ('total communication is bidirectional)
11. Heart. Pacemaker and stent that broadcast data to our cardiologist plus ECG (CORVENTIS)
12. Nose. Tissues that examine snot and mucus when we blow our nose
13. Chin. Razors that plot the surface of the skin looking for acne
14. Lips. Balm that scans for cold sores.
15. Tongue. Tongue scrapers that screen salivary microbes
16. Back. Chairs that plot our posture and broadcast data for our spine
17. Nails. Nail cutters that determine the quality of our nails and count the ridges
18. Feet. Step counter (FITBIT)
19. Back arm. Blood pressure measurement (IHEALTH99)
20. Pulse. Heart rate (GARMIN)
21. Brain. Electrical activity that conveys brain waves