- Juan Ignacio Gonzalez Caralt
Do you think that God created the Universe? If that was the case, how was that supposed to happen?
Yesterday I had had a conversation with my friend Indira that led us to accept the possibility that time may not exist. Having just woken up in the morning, I suddenly started thinking on the implications and whether or not it could be demonstrated that if time didn't exist then God could not exist.
Then I started building a set of initial basic reasonably accepted set of hypothesis that helped me to sort out all my thoughts and check if I could reach such conclusion.
My curiosity was increasing as I was building the logic. At the end I ended up absolutely astonished after reaching the conclusion that there is not way how God could have possibly created the Universe.
I cannot explain the whole logic because there is a limit of 2000 characters but in a nutshell:
The set of hypothesis to begin with:
1) God exists
2) The Universe exists (WE KNOW THIS ONE IS TRUE)
3) God is everlasting, He didn't have a beginning and He will last forever
4) God created the Universe
5) The Universe had a beginning
6) Time exists
- If God created the Universe, why did He create it in a precise moment, not sooner or later? It doesn' make sense.
- If Time didn't exist then God is not everlasting and the Universe didn't have a beginning. God could have not possibly created the Universe in that case because then both God and the Universe emerged simultaneously.
- If the Universe was eternal like God, then God could have not possibly created the Universe because, like in the previous case,.they would have emerged simultanously.
- If God was not everlasting then who created Him? We must admit that if God exists, unless the Universe created Him, He must be eternal. If the Universe created God anyway, the Universe could have not been created by Him.
So at the end the scenario where God could have possibly created the Universe doesn't seem to exist, does it?
I would appreciate your thoughts. Do you think that God created the Universe? And how could that happen?