What is the Role of your Role Model in your life ?
Wish everyone has got one or the other or even multiple role model. As kid parents or grand parents possibly become first Role Model.
As we grow up , we know more and take some other as our Role Model. some of which may be of Global Image. More we know them there is possibility of evolving image of the Role Model. Role Model can come from any area , from religious figure, scientist, poet, philosopher, artist , politician , social reformer and so on ......
Say at the begining this Role Model can be percieved as super human (at least happened to me) so what s/he does or did seems right. But an open mind , exploratory mind find them a human being with all upsides and downsides (again it happened to me). During that exploration phase some Role Model can also be abandoned wholely by a person in someother case they still remain as Role Model but the exploratory mind remain aware of those human mistakes or downsides Role Model has.
But if the someone is not exploratory about her/his Role Model, that Role Model can take the place someone with devine power and charater. In such case the person can be easily mislead by the Role Model. As it happens to many extrimist organisation and their members if I am not wrong.
Now the questions to TED community are
1) When you first fixed someone as your Role Model?
2) Did the image of your Role Model changed to you over time as you knew more ?
3) If yes what was your feeling?
4) Are still searching for a Role Model for you ?
5) Do a person really need to have a Role Model ?
4) Do you feel Blindly following role model can take follower to a wrong end ?
Will be eager to hear from you