- Maureen Dilger
- Mission, KS
- United States
Innovation Leader, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Why are text-heavy presentation slides so common in the workplace?
I just finished reading Garr Reynold's book, Presentation Zen. It's great inspiration for anyone looking to deliver simpler, more effective presentations.
I've put his principles into action and am determined to continue to push further as the rewards are evident. It does make me sit back and wonder:
* Why is it acceptable to deliver text-filled presentations?
* Why isn't the art of storytelling on performance reviews?
* Why isn't this taught throughout our educational career?
* Isn't TED a proof point of how 18 well thought out minutes can make a difference?
* How can we start a movement to make it better?
I have some thoughts but would love to hear from you. Tag, you're it.