This conversation is closed.
Computational and Mathematical Metaphors
I believe that making connections between concepts is where meaning really lies so I will ask a series of questions hoping they would offer a fresh perspective and trigger some inspiring ideas in the replies.
- How is language and symbolic systems related to thinking?
- Does computer science and mathematics fit into the definition of language?
- What are some of the concepts of mathematics and computer science that are essentially mental concepts by which we think? (e.g. Variable, Abstraction, Dimension, Recursion..etc)
- What is more important, to know how to use these concepts or to know how they are related to thinking? Application vs Reflection?
- In other words, is it enough to think or is it also important to think about thinking?
- Are mathematical and computational concepts something to be seen or something to see by?