- Rodrigo P. Feliciano
- South San Francisco, CA
- United States
Knights of Columbus
This conversation is closed.
What one event set the direction of your life that made you who you are today?
“That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.” Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Closing Statement from Rodrigo P. Feliciano
Significant events in our lives are as varied and as unique as everyone of us:
- That would be the Big Bang. Everything else is subsidiary to that one.
- My significant event is my Life ...
- ...the most life changing event was when I submitted myself to a mental hospital after a suicide attempt.
- My birth set the direction of my life experiences
- At the age of nine, I had a spiritual experience while meditating on the word God
- My life changed the moment I realized I had done things in my life that the most famous people prior to the 20th century would dare to dream. Common things like driving a car, talking on the phone, watching TV.
- If your question is about a movie that set the direction of my life, I would say it is The Pursuit of Happiness. Yes ,it is a Will Smith movie. Which demonstrates the limitless possibility of someone who is determined to do something.
- I enrolled the next day ( how did he know they were enrolling for classes) and never looked back. When I finished my B.S in Electrical Engineering at Washington University, I wanted to call and thank him. I was never able to find him. I am so glad Jack was willing to give me the "tough love" I needed and will always be thankful to him.
- I would say there have been many events that set the direction of who I am today.
- It was a TED Talk, actually. Which is why I've made an account.
- The moment when I married.
- My father got deployed. The direction my life was going before was dramatically altered after.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!