- Christopher Green
- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
Member at large, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Do you think China will be the next Superpower? Really?
My study of history leads me to believe that the "China as a Superpower" talk is a bit too exaggerated. I find a few discrepancies which I believe will block China from achieving such a feat. there are as follows:
1. Geography - China has always been isolated due to the fact there landscape ... well it sucks. Siberia in the north, down south you have the Himalayas and jungle regions, no really great trade routes but one and most of the population is in the east and on the coastal regions.
2. A small problem with the economics called NPL (Non Performing Loans)
3. No Navy, which is important strategically if you're going to be a Superpower you must be War ready!
4. Produce household brands that sell on a world market.
5. Produce POP CULTURE (believe it or not) that can sell on a world market.
6. Allow more freedoms for it's people
I love China's growth and hope to visit one day but superpower... NOT!